Down Temp Out of Sandy this Weekend

Are best has been are 76 rigger in 48 degree water. Believe it or not but we did go through some 35 degree water last weekend with are fish hawk. 9 and 10 color lead core off the boards has been good also. We have been wanting to go way off shore but keep getting into good fish at 170 to 200 the last 2 weeks in a row. Just wish we could keep them buttoned up. Good Luck!

I will be out of Sandy in the AM and set up by about 730. Call Whaler 1 on channel 72 and I will give you down temp as well as current info.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

hate to say it but temps are all over the place was out Tuesday and we had 55 degree water in one spot at 60 ft right after coming out of 45 degree water at 60 ft then back to 45 then to 42 was nuts curents were nuts that day as we had a west blow in the afternoon which probably stirred the temps up even more we were out of Mexico Point though not sandy

Edited by cpate1

I was out last night...what whaler1 said. Lots of current, though, pushing the cables to the West. I needed 1.8 mph traveling East and 2.8 mph going West to hit it right. Three kings and a brown between 130-240, two of them were skippies, KOS and 12" SDs.

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I don't have a radio on the boat, should get one. Think we are going out this PM. Plan to start off pumphouse about 150FOW and fish NW to nose at 90-60. Any other help would be appreciated. My son has never caught a king and he goes back for his senior year in college in August and it's my mission now to see him get one. Thanks again.

Brian

PS   Know what you mean about the currents, they have been all over the place lately.

Pretty dead. Some fish being caught in 450. Five hours trolling between 100 and 300 and only two small fish. Ugly water here , no pearl essence to it. Oh well, boats running well and it's a nice day on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks guys for all your help. Since I'm not feeling too well and it's not setup I'm going to wait probably till Sunday PM.

Sure wish I had a FishHawk  - and a 22' Grady, duh - but those ain't happening with 2 kids in college.

Lake O fisherman are the best because almost everyone is helpful as there are plenty of fish to go around.

Brian