Lake Erie Walleye

Grand Slam11

Seeing how the salmon fishing is not very good right now i was wondering how the walleye bite has been. Have not been over to erie in a couple weeks but was doing very good in early July. Was looking to fish the Barcelona/Dunkirk area if possible. Thanks for the help much appreciated. 

Today we fished the 1st day of the North Chautauqua Conservation Club Walleye Tourney, we did not find the bigger eyes but caught our limits.We only came up with 20.68 lbs for our 3 Biggest walleye, puts us in the middle of the pack heading into day 2.Most of our fish came from 100 ft of water down 70 ft Northeast of Dunkirk.

I was woundering the same thing. haven't got to erie in a month. Hows the bite been and how deep have people been getin their fish. I haven't got riggers on new boat yet, but got wire divers , leadcore and jet divers. Just woundering if it be worth the 2.5 hr ride to Dunkirk. I seen the 70 ft down report by mostly muskies dam that's deep, only my dipseys will get me their unless I snap weight my leads. Thanks joe

The Con Club winner was Dan Sobczak with a 10.92 walleye  on Friday in 115 foot of water west of Barcelona. It hit on a dipsey rig with a worm harness set back 170 foot on a #3 settting trolling 2.3 MPH.

The Jim Dolly team took the total weight for nine fish entered over three days.  They weighed in 72.67 pounds total. Jim Dolly owns 3D worm harness and Challenger stick Baits.

We did not do well on Sunday, only 16.45 lbs, we dropped from 2nd place down to 28th place out of 100 teams.I would have liked to have finished in the final money just as everyone would, but to show up respectable with a Day Two 2nd Place and be in the position to win, I'm happy with our effort even with the last day meltdown.

Yea I ended up third in the tournament with a 10.24 fishing the same waters as the winning fish and Dolly, I boated over 55 in there days and ended up 6th or 7th for weight I think had a slow day Sunday also or I would of been right up there too, all my fish came off of rynoskys tho unlike the others

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went back out to 105 ft north of Dunkirk Harbor this morning for Lake Erie Experience.Spent the first hour dodging water spouts.I only managed silver bass in the 3 hours of trolling.Some of the other boats caught 2 to 3 walleye each west of the harbor in 100 ft of water.

Captain Larry, I was out of Barcelona solo. Couple waterspouts north towards brocton. One was huge. Looked like a smokestack. Saw a couple others as well plus a few that tried developing. They didn't forecast that!

As for the fishing I boxed 4. Sounds better than most did. First time I fished west of sturgeon this year. I think I will stick to the east end. Tough bite. I found an active school in 75 fow just west of the harbor.

There were a total of 6 water spouts,2 were huge! The main reason we caught no walleyes was because we trolled all the way out from the 1st mtn Past Purina north toward Canada about 9 miles out to get on the other side of those water spouts.Today Eastern Lake Erie Charter Boat Association hosted taking national sports writers out of Dunkirk walleye fishing, I do not have a report yet, but will post the results once I find out.

Launched out of Erie basin today headed to 50ft of water and began the troll. Took a 3lbr on a fire tiger worm harness run just off the bottom. Lost another on that same set up. Both in 57fow. Only fished about 4 hours. Boat a few sheepshead as well. Lots of water without any marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

NE winds typically suck for Lake O fishing so I was contemplating fishing Erie Sunday.  Does the walleye bite shut down on Erie with East or NE winds similar to Ontario?

We fished Saturday 8/9 and Sunday 8/10 out of Barcelona. Did six walleye's on Saturday, and three on Sunday. Northeast wind rocked us both days bad. Fish are hanging in there tough, but that east/northeast wind knocks their attitude down a bit. Most boats out of Bluewater Beach CG, crushed 'em earlier in the week, but had same results as we did over the weekend. We stayed right in 75' both days. Heard of schools out deeper as well but didn't leave our fish to find 'em cause they were off the feed out there also.

I fished Sunday out of sunset Bay.Fished from 11  till sunset.We only managed 6 in 92-96 fow. Most fish came on spoons off the riggers down 60-70.Managed a couple off our cores.5 color with weight and 10 color pulling harnesses off our inline boards.

Anyone locate fish on Erie today ? 8/17/14 We plan on going out of the Catt. or Dunkirk tomorrow ? Any info. would help. Haven't been on erie for 2 months & I know the big blow the last few days most likely moved any hot spots. Thanks in advance.

Edited by lineman49