Braddocks bay area Friday AM

Fished out of Braddocks this morning 8 to 11 AM. Temps were all over the place, fished 70 to 130 FOW, Bait and fish on the screen all morning.

I have never seen so much bait in one area as I did today. It was never ending...

Popped the 66 rigger once, big fish, pulled 400 ft. off the reel, then dropped the hooks..... first time I've lost a fish on a tournament tie hook arrangement. Fish hit a green and white Evil Eye high speed dodger with a home made hammer shushi fly, down temp. was 65 degrees at the ball ,...

Counted 12 boats all fishing the same area in front of Braddocks, didn't see a rod or net move on any other boat. Gave a shout out to Whaler1 on the vhf, Things seem to be slow out of Sandy too. 

Best part of the morning was the look on the newbee's face as he stood there helpless as our big fish ripped off 400 ft. in the first run... ill try again Monday Morning.

Jim

Edited by J.D.

I was out there with you Friday morning at Braddocks, I had a girl from Georgia that wanted to try salmon fishing. We had 3 releases with no luck, all on spoons. I was also amazed on how much bait we marked and the lack of nets moving. We headed in around 10:30.

Good Luck,

Rick