Fishing Report in Mexico Bay Area

Good Evening Anglers

Whats the fishing like in Mexico Bay these days, Were counting down the days to our Trip to your Amazing Lake.  Any info would be great. 

Thanks again

Steve

So even though I spend a lot of time fishing browns in the spring, I don't know much about catching them this time of year. Are they on the bottom in 80 ft because that is where the temp is for salmon I thought. I would assume they would be just above that?

Great, we will be the re the same time...8-16 thru 8-25. We keepin the KJ Louise at salmon country for the week.

Can't friggin wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good luck Steve, from what I hear, browns and lakers have been the only game in town as of recently. They say the fleas are real bad. Things should change by the time you get there. Any info I get I'll either send you a pm or text. Slay 'em

Fleas were not bad at all today, actually ran my 12 lb bt rods today. Went 6-7 in 3.5 hours, all nice footballs. Stingers and stingrays, 50-60' down in 65-85 FOW. Will be back out tomorrow, one of these days the kings will show!!!! Good Luck

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished for browns this am from 5:30 - 10:00. Went 1/3 with 1 small brown that was released. However I saw 10 - 12 large fish proposing on the surface while in the 80-90 fow range. No clue what they were?? Any ideas?

Sent from my LGL86C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm starting to wonder if the Kings are coming at all. Fishing reports from east to west are horrible. This is prime time!! Where are they???

There might not be many kings to come? Personally, I think the mature king class is down this year considering this seems to be lake wide and I'm not sure anyone really knows for sure. Can't blame it on the weather conditions like last year. Once they start going into the streams maybe we'll get a better idea of their true numbers this year. To be honest I'm baffled this year.

A big roger that on the lake trout . Fished solo today from 6:30 to 2:30 . Went straight to 150fow north of the pond and trolled south to my old king salmon waypoints . Caught and released  8 lakers , all caught on meat and white flasher and glow white twinkie . Had a chrtreuse/green on the other rigger and never moved that rod . Also ran wire dipsey with several different spoons without a touch . The white on whitie was hot . The probe rigger (chartreuse) was showing 41 degree water at 79 ft. with 102 ft. of cable out . I ran the white on white rigger with 126 ft of cable out (guessing 80 something ft. ) with less drag without probe . Marked fish all over Mexico Bay at depths from 60ft to bottom and several large bait balls with marks under them . NO kings !!  This is always prime time in that area for salmon . Went out to 300fow and back in .

I'm seriously thinking about heading to to the tackle shop when I get out there to stock up on laker and BT gear. It stinks because were traveling from NH and our local shops don't carry the same gear as your shops do. It's kinda of disappointing right now but 1 week from today I'll be there ready for battle with the big kids.

You're timing it well - the bigger fish are just starting to show up.  I forget where you're headed but the local shop will definitely be worth a trip, both for the tackle and for the latest info.  I'm jealous - I'll be in New Hampshire by then... :(

Jon's (http://www.littlesalmontackle.com/) should be able to set you up nicely then. 

If you don't mind a 20 minute drive, you've also got my favorite pick - http://www.allseasonssports.com/ and Fat Nancy's right across the street  - http://fatnancystackle.com/

Tight lines & post how you make out...

I'm Just super pumped and can"t wait any longer. Our goal was to stop at those shops as well as Woody's and prob even a few in Oswego. What's the gas price at FN right now? I'm wondering if I should fill the boat up here or NY

I'm Just super pumped and can"t wait any longer. Our goal was to stop at those shops as well as Woody's and prob even a few in Oswego. What's the gas price at FN right now? I'm wondering if I should fill the boat up here or NY

Steve,we just came back last Monday $4 and up in the marina and $3.70 something on dry land.

we'll make one more trip 17th-20th of this month thats it for me I done.

BARRY

Barry,

How was the fishing? 3.70$ isn't bad considering its 3.63$ here at home. I might be better to save the weight and just fill up there. See u guys up there, we will be up the same week. What VHF channel?

Steve