Fishing Report in Mexico Bay Area

salmon still mia in mexico bay.fished saturday north dune for lakers.we wanted to at least see a rod move.got tired of catching them after 2 hours.we did at least a dozen and dropped a few and had numerous knock offs.5 or so were over 10 lbs,biggest being 16.cowbells on the bottom.down speed 1.9 to 2.1.138 fow was the sweet spot.we turned and started trolling back towards south towards port with a mix of spoons,meat,and f/f.made it past big salmon and never moved a rod.picked up and ran home.went out todaystraight out from little salmon,started in 80 fow worked out to 200 and back and never moved a rod!!!!guys are doing well in 80-90 fow with browns,but it is an early bite.oh yeah,if anyone snags a fish hwk probe and 16 lb torpedo let me know,i will give you a reward!!!!

Steve,we just came back last Monday $4 and up in the marina and $3.70 something on dry land.

we'll make one more trip 17th-20th of this month thats it for me I done.

BARRY

OH, OH, OH.......Barry.....Can I go too..??

:P

salmon still mia in mexico bay.fished saturday north dune for lakers.we wanted to at least see a rod move.got tired of catching them after 2 hours.we did at least a dozen and dropped a few and had numerous knock offs.5 or so were over 10 lbs,biggest being 16.cowbells on the bottom.down speed 1.9 to 2.1.138 fow was the sweet spot.we turned and started trolling back towards south towards port with a mix of spoons,meat,and f/f.made it past big salmon and never moved a rod.picked up and ran home.went out todaystraight out from little salmon,started in 80 fow worked out to 200 and back and never moved a rod!!!!guys are doing well in 80-90 fow with browns,but it is an early bite.oh yeah,if anyone snags a fish hwk probe and 16 lb torpedo let me know,i will give you a reward!!!!

OH NO!!!!$$$$

Just got back from a 3 day trip. Bait is everywhere some marks. Fished east of stack in 150 flow. Bite is slow though only got one small steelhead. Had three nice hits that all came unbuttoned. Never moved a rod otherwise. But I am a rookie and I have no temp or speed probe.

Fished Sat out of Oswego and got out before all the big guns came out for the tournament. We started in 150 fow west of the river. I set my second rigger down 65ft and within a minute of being down the rigger popped ,15 min later boated a 17 pound king. Bait was everywhere in close but not the marks. We trolled all the way out to 450fow with only picking up a laker 80 ft down. Not a lot of bait out there. Did mark some good bait from 150-280fow, but again no fish around them. Both fish came off a DW alewive spoon. We trolled back and we didn't pick up another fish. We fished from 6am-11am. went 2-4 with two knock offs. I'm hoping this big blow mid-week will bring some marks in for the weekend...

Side note: Came in at 11am not many boats had brought fish back to the docks. However one charter captain did have 8 browns and a laker so the browns are in there to target until the kings show up.

Good luck out there!

Jimmy

Went out Saturday and Sunday out of Mexico and marked some good bait in 125 to 150 at 80 to 100 ft down. Went 0 for 1 both days, one off the rigger using a NBK, short run and gone. The other on a dipsy with a chrome SD. Very slow out there but managed to wash all my gear. Tried 1.8 to 2.5 off the sub-troll, hits came at 2.2. Mad fleas.

Steve,

There are a few Kings around. We caught two on Saturday - one @ 16 lb and one junior. Heard a few boats on 68 they had some action. We fished Mexico Bay in front of the Salmon River. Both Kings were in 125 to 140 FOW.

The bad news  - Paid $ 5.00/ gal for gas at marina.

Best of luck.

Jack

Jack,

Thanks I appreciate the update on the lake. Were going to be in the same area, hopefully the weather pattern changes the fish pattern. Ouch on the gas price, I might just fill up here in NH then at 3.43$ / gallon it could get real expensive at the marina for 125 gallons.

Look forward to spending time on your pond with my son and dad

I'll keep the radios on scan to pick up any information that will help us out.

If anyone's out on Sunday thru Saturday give me a shout. I'll do the same if I recognize the boat name

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hello y'all.

New to posting on the forum.

Was wondering if anyone else had any recent reports in the Mexico bay area? Off of Salmon River? Nine Mile?

I know westward winds and waves been pretty nasty up there last couple weeks on most days, from what I heard. Gonna' be headin' up this Wed- through the weekend.

I was up sat 8-9 and was supposed to stay until this past sun 8-17

We made it out of Mexico sat, sun & Monday then the wicked witch of the west showed up keeping us landlocked tues, weds and finally pulled the plug on thurs because the forecast was not improving.

We had 2 boats and trolled all day as far as 220 fow.

Only 1 steelhead was caught on a dipsy. No other rods fired and very few fish were marked.

I also hope things improve ( salmon ) and looking at the long range to this weekend it seems SSE winds are predicted so we are going back for redemption.

We did see however a large school of boats working the area of 80 fow just west inside the bay. I assume for browns

Rich

I am headed back Saturday for a one day trip..weather pending...I hope we start hearing of some salmon being caught!

Heard twice today, 2 seperate sources 250-300 fow 125-130 down in front of the power plant.

Cognitive word here is "heard", but it should be any time now.

:yes:  :yes:

Was able to get one of my 5 trips out this weekend. We went 4-6 on Saturday in 3-5's before the storms of the late afternoon chased us off. All fish came below 125' over 225-325'. 400,450 coppers, 300 mag dippys, riggers 125-155' down. Lots of bait on the screen. We took bright chrome kings and had one dark fish, that was still packed with bait. Had a

2-1/2 year old that was not running this year. The eggs in the female we took were very small, size of steelhead eggs, so about 2-3 weeks behind. The males had very small milt sacs, again 2-3 weeks behind. All fish came on ATOMMIK hammers behind pro trolls and spinnys. Will be back out the rest of the week. Temp was down 125-155' depending where you were. Good Luck.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was able to get one of my 5 trips out this weekend. We went 4-6 on Saturday in 3-5's before the storms of the late afternoon chased us off. All fish came below 125' over 225-325'. 400,450 coppers, 300 mag dippys, riggers 125-155' down. Lots of bait on the screen. We took bright chrome kings and had one dark fish, that was still packed with bait. Had a

2-1/2 year old that was not running this year. The eggs in the female we took were very small, size of steelhead eggs, so about 2-3 weeks behind. The males had very small milt sacs, again 2-3 weeks behind. All fish came on ATOMMIK hammers behind pro trolls and spinnys. Will be back out the rest of the week. Temp was down 125-155' depending where you were. Good Luck.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rich, thanks for that info :yes: