Fishing Report in Mexico Bay Area

Well I'm finally able to post using the ponderosa wifi.

Arrived Saturday morning around 9am. Lunched the boat at Salmon Country and moved it into its slot. Rigged everything with Green on Green. Decided to run the Chanel a few times to mark it for when we run early in the am but seeing the convoy of charter boats I didn't need too.

Sunday morning- wind blow hard enough to make my 8yr old turn green. Decided to turn back round and head for the dock. Got a chance to hook up with Jason on the fish fighter he was able to provide some very valuable info on tactics and speed and water temp.

Monday morning headed out with the fleet started in the 150 FOW area realized that copper is for people who have wide beam boats or tons of experience on Lake O. Tangle copper with steel and rigger. 300' Blood Run is junk! We only landed 1 small king on green 11" pro troll and atommik hammer fly. We were able to release her safely. She came on a Rigger 137' down over 160.

Tuesday morning

Went out to 250' FOW marked tons of bait and streakers. We landed brown on a DW wonder bread and fly down 70'. Also got a 16lb king on blue DW spinny with white fly. Into the smoker she went

Wednesday morning

Headed out to the 500' on a tip from Jason. We landed 4 fish.

Small Atlantic on green on green 300' on steel

16 lbs king on same set up in same area.

26lbs king on black DW and green fly down 174 on rigger

9lbs steelie on same combo at 137' down over 479' FOW

Now the storm is here we might need to start over again in the am.

Thanks to everyone who are making this trip fun for us.

Here are some photos. post-154638-14085768829419_thumb.jpgpost-154638-1408576899442_thumb.jpgpost-154638-1408576933637_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14085769540212_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Here ya go Steve.....this pix taken from Jason's Fish fighter yesterday 

Gotta love that Eastern.....it was great hearing you and Tinker/tinker on the radio

post-151807-0-06852000-1408589432_thumb.jpg

Willy-C, I really appreciate the Pic of the KJ under Power.  I love that boat too, but after being out there for the whole week I'm really leaning on wifey to allow me to purchase a vessel with a 10' beam.  She's just to narrow and light for some of the heavy salmon chop Lake O provides.  We had out share of Mishaps this week, Tangled 2 copper 300' lines, Burnt out a motor in one of the Mag 10's and the Toggle switch on the other only allowed the rigger to come up. ( At Least it still worked) Kind of Glad I brought the Manual Cannon's as Back UP!! 

Well were home Now and looking back at our week....WHAT A LEARNING EXPERIENCE !!!!

To finish up the Report 

Thursday fished from Sun up to Sundown

Boated 4 fish all day

Started at Alcan Point in 350' FOW, Fish 1 came on a Green Flasher with Hammer Fly while setting out the steel.  approx 150' out at the time.  15lbs KIng

Fish 2 came on DW spoon (Blue Whale) 75' down on Center Rigger 24" SteelHead

Fish 3 came on White Flasher with Green Meat/Head combo 185' on rigger.  20" Atlantic Salmon

Fish 4 came on same white flasher and Meat combo.  13lbs KING

Friday  was Hot and SLOW FISHING

we trolled from 6am to 4pm with only 1 fish landed it was 17lbs king on Green F/F Combo

Saturday Morning we decided to fish close at reports where hitting the radio Friday night of the fish were coming down the shore line out by the Dunes, we trolled the 125' to 150' line along the shore line.  We managed to get knocked off 7 times!! Ya for us, only issue was they were all too small to keep except 1 fish a 13lb king using a White Flasher and Meat Combo.  

Looks like the Fish have finally arrived close to shore, but whats the fun in just fishing were everyone else is.  We had a great time out on the BIG POND, we travelled approx 250 Miles on the water in 6 days according to the GPS Track.  

Salmon Country Marina was Awesome along with Woody's Bait and Tackle, All Seasons Sports, and Screwy Lewy's in fairfield. (Stayed open after Hours in order to get parts for our Riggers)

Thank You to Everyone who Helped us get information about the lake and what to use.  We will be back in the spring to challange the Brown's along the Shoreline.  

I'll post Pics in the next reply.

Steve 

KJ Louise

Glad you guys had A good time I finally found some fish Wednesday morning between 300 and 500 boated two small kings and lost a real screamer then the storm chased me heading back up today thanks for the invite to fish last week catch you in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey all, we arrived Friday out of sandypond. Nothing for 2 & 1/2 days. Fished from sandy to big salmon from 70 to 140 full length. All flasher fly ..e chips white onwhite green on green everything tried it all with only 3 knockoffs. Disappointed ... But working the waters til Friday ...

Call sign reel lucky .... Any help appreciated ..... Great weather , fun place , but fishing sucks.....

Thanks guys for all your help.... Just need some fish....

Jerry

hey jerry,fishing has been tough this whole year,you are in the right area,guys seem to do some fish off the north dune,you may want to try to put some spoons down,spoon bite has been better than flashers at times this year.if you dont have a temp probe,temp was down around 80 ft yesterday.2.2  to 2.5 for speed,but change it up to see what the fish like.if you are looking to move some rods,try 120 to 140 fow on the bottom,you should be able to stur up some lakers off the north dune.i will be out there tomorrow doing lakers in that area.give me a shout on the vhf,i scan all the channels.fish fighter is the name of the boat.

Fished about 34-36 hours on water Fri. Sat. and half day Sunday! Boated 4 Fish, No pattern seen. fished from 600' water on Fri. to 90' , Marked very few fish or Bait! Salmon seem like numbers are down this year! Hope im wrong though, But the next few weeks should tell!

Launched out of the river Sunday morning and set up in 125 fow. Worked out to 175, but had better screens in tight, 105-120 fow. Had good temp down 65-75. Ended up 3 for 5 along with 2 knock offs. All fish came off riggers down in the temp on a white green dot spinny and hammer fly. Put a 24# and 19# king in the box and released a small brown. All fish came before 10 am when the sun seemed to shut them off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys for the come back, but we gave up today and came home.... water was a little rough...  we tried all that you have suggested and no luck at all.   My partner got very discouraged and wanted out.... I was tired and gave in.

Thanks,

Jerry

finally had a decent day on the water,its been a while,started around 9 off the big river worked 90 to 110 fow.came across a big bait pod with fish,no takers,turned around and went back through and doubled up,landed both,26 and 16lbs.riigers at 70 and 80 with a white gator looking paddle,one of bobby fullers custom paddles,has worked well for us this year,with a white fly and the other was on a davey jones locker,two tone mtn dew/chrome paddle with green fly.went back through there 2 more times,didnt move a rod so we decided to pick up and head to laker land,wanted to move some rods for theses guys as they had never been out before and we were short on time.set up north dune 130 fow with cow bells on riggers and 2 dipsies.poped 2 lakers right away and then the 230 dipsey starts ripping.as we were fighting the fish the screen just lit up.landed a 15 lber on a green mtn dew spinny with green fly.went back through 2 more times and picked up another laker,but the screen was loaded with fish,but couldnt do another king,had to pick up and head back in.not a bad day,starting to mark alot more fish out there.post-151721-0-72513200-1409095802_thumb.jpgpost-151721-0-09981700-1409095911_thumb.jpg

Edited by finsntins

thanks barry,does seem they are starting to show up,we had some incredible screens yesterday,i think if we had more time we could have put more in the boat.be back at it on saturday.fish on i run out of the little salmon.

hey guys, not or nothing I kinda sit along the sidelines and keep to myself. However, this year seems a little peculiar !!! I have a friend who fishes Henderson Harbor for perch and he has done lousy.!! I, myself have fished Otsego lake and the upper Saranac for lakers with terrible results. I don't know what to say, only that this past winter was really tough. Never have I experienced such a tough fishing season. If anyone can articulate this proverbial roller coaster ride, I would greatly appreciate any and all thoughts.

Jim

I hear some have done very well,boating over 20 kings,its been mediocore here.Its the same old find the fish catch the fish.

the kings are still over deep water so we still hopefully have another three weeks of lake fishing left