Otisco topwater walleye 8-1

justtracytrolling

Got out with meathunter737 and buddy bubba last night. We ended up with a 4lber, 5lber, and 6lber. Along with tons of bass keeping 7. Blue prism bomber did the eyes and anything worked on bass. Fish were caught in 2fow or less. Gonna try a midmorn troll in a few. Pics to follow.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nnniiiiiice! Topwater with a floating bomber for the 'eyes? Love it when they are picking up floaters near shore or over shoals and flats at dusk and overnight. And those bass aren't stupid either. Sometimes it is very hard to tell which is at the end of your line until it's at the boat with the largemouth/'eye mix hitting. Your fish are fat, too!  :yes:

Go blanked last night at the causeway. Had a bomber but not blue prism (sold out) so I grabbed one that was kinda similar. Group of guys on the end of the causeway in the good spot so that might have something to do with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The blue prism makes a difference. The group on the end said they didnt get any, and had the looks on their faces that made it believable. Lanterns and waving spotlights in very shallow flat water is never gonna be a consistant producer on big eyes here. You prob shoulda hit the rocks above the marina. Causeway has been busy and loud. We had very few active fish last night and most were bass. The few walleye we had around wouldnt hit top water. A breeze would have helped! I tried 4" gulp paddle tail rigged weedless on a big weighted swimbait hook. I only managed bass, but it fished very well in the worst weeds. Biggest fish was a nearly 20 inch largie that was a personal best for bubba. Gonna try some deeper water casting spots very soon or night trolling...least favorite option!

We usually get fish "on shore" at night as well as what you are describing. I think the alewives are almost done. Only have a month or so left for a summer pattern to set up. The big walleye will be on shore by October so trolling isnt gonna last long if it ever gets good.