Totally Hooked Olcott - 8/2

Took my buddy and his son and daughter (12 & 13) out this morning. I just wanted to get them into a few fish. Set up in 150' about 4 miles west of Olcott and pointed north. First fish came in about 190', decent steelhead took a sea sick waddler off a rigger down 60 but dropped it right at the back of the boat. Ended up getting a couple browns a decent steelhead on a green glow frog free sliding cheater on an 80' rigger. We got a couple smaller kings and threw back a few skippers. Every bite we had came on riggers, I could not get a dipsey with a spoon or FF to go if my life depended on it. Best action was between 200 and 280 fow 40 to 60 down. Kids had a lot of fun, got to fight a few fish and took a few home for dinner with mom and dad so I was happy about that. I'm wondering if I'm ever gonna catch another major again? I leave port and can't decide whether to go east or west, off shore or stay inside, it is tough out there this summer. By the way, I have never fished in those kind of fleas. They were sticking to everything from wire, treble hooks, swivels to mono and pretty much anything else they could get attached to. It was freaking insane. I could pull a rigger rod, clean the mono off and then do it again 20 minutes later and the line was just covered. I've never seen them stick to wire like that either, wow! Good luck everybody, tight lines!

Here is what caught fish

Sea Sick Waddler 60 down took 2 steelhead, 1 nice brown and 2 small kings.

Mixed Veggie caught a nice little brown 60' down over 180'fow

Green Glow Frog cheated and an NBK on a 75' rigger took a few skippers and smaller kings.

post-151112-0-16915600-1407007235_thumb.jpg

post-151112-0-24544800-1407007247_thumb.jpg