Frogger, Signalman (the 2 Mikes) and I left Hughes about six ish this morning and dropped 8 lines with various stuff starting out at 100ft of water(wires, coppers, downriggers (spinneys//fly, flasher/fly and straight spoons). Throughout the morning we changed out several times trying many different things including my fake meat rig which looked great in the water but never took a hit during the time it was out. We trolled out from 100 ft out to over 200 and nailed a king about 22 pounds or so on a rigger with spinny and fly set at 85 over about 120. After quite a while we took another shot on a riggger at 85 ft over 160, and it was about a 15 lb king. We had a couple coppers out (a 350 and a 380 one with fly the other with just an NK spoon) and they never had a touch. We tried lots of things on the wire rigs and likewise never a touch. The temps were all over the place the entire time out. We only marked a couple bait pods and the fish marked were up in the upper part of the water column and we dragged all sorts of stuff through them without success although we had a number of "lookers". We ranged in speed from 1.9 to about 2.8 and I think we may have been about 2.3-2.5 when we connected with the kings. Each king had an adult lamprey attached and we were able to bring them both into the boat and make 4 out of them :lol: . The fleas were terrible. They even coated the downrigger cable and long strands were on the rigger lines and wire rigs. The coppers were a bit better. Biggest king released the other kept because of difficulty getting hook out....couldn't revive him.

I had a great time busting and joking around etc. and the boat fished beautifully. It certainly makes things easier when a rig is set up perfectly and everything functions flawlessly.....really nice boat to fish from and beautifully layed out.

post-145411-0-70732100-1407016342_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-58585800-1407016351_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-27594600-1407016361_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-22389700-1407016371_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-79360600-1407016380_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Hughes today very slow day lots of bait 70 to 90 fow 1 small king (8-10lbs)on wire 250 out over. 90 fow one dump on the 80 rigger had lead core copper 2 dipsy rods and riggers out ( don't forget the junk lines :) trolled out to 240, deep water was a blank screen good boating day bad fishing day

I hear ya Guppiekilla and I'll bet there were other folks in the "group" out there experiencing the same thing today.

Yes Jeff and we did real great on your rig last year too didn't we? :)  Hope you're having a good season bud.

did well from hughes to ginna yesterday fishing the wounded warrior tourney I ran down there from sodus with my vet picked 5 kings and a steelhead for our vet dropped a major 20+ lber at the back of the boat after we stripped a gear in a reel but all in all good day. Best water for us was 180 - 215 fow  screen was pretty blank but the hits kept us there water was 55 deg down 90 feet on the fishhawk!!

Edited by insufishent

I'd like to get involved next year...tow vehicle problems kept me from it this year. a big :yes:  to all participants...great event and great folks involved in it.

:yes:  Very nice.  Seems the water between Hughes and Sodus was pretty much the same, but definitely seemed better the farther west I trolled, versus east!  Hope you can do the Salmon Slam next year.  Been doing it all 3 years and it is a GREAT time, although this year was much better thanks to a near perfect day on the water! :)