Mexico and Oswego reports?

Heading to Selkirk shores august 7-10 wil launch out of Mexico and Oswego. Any info on the fishing out of these two ports would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, seeing as how last mid august I trolled for 2.5 days and only boxed one 24lb king, I would take a half dozen browns a day and would be fine with that. Thanks for the posts

It sure sounds like this is going to be an early start to the run. A bunch of recent pictures have the fish coloring up already! I sure hope I don't hit it when they are staged right out front. Too crowded for my liking.....Oh well it is what it is.

Spike

We had streakers/bait/marks north of the river.

No salmon from what we saw.

Only fish we found biting were lakers. 10-12 lb fish, suspended in the cooooold water and pasted to the bottom also.......so we targeted them.

Yellow cowbells and orange/chartruse peanuts.

If there are salmon in/around they must be few and far between, 'cause we covered a LOT of water.

Did hear something about 400 fow, but we didn't venture quite that far out.

They should show up pretty quick now.

Thanks for all the posts much appreciated. I will post a full report on the Monday we are back I don't have one of those smart phones

Fished yesterday afternoon and didn't move a rod. Today went 3-6 (2 steelhead and a king), broke one off and lost 2. Covered 150-380, good temp down 80 entire time. Had more releases than we marked fish and yes there are fleas.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished Friday pm & Saturday am out of Mexico. On Friday we went 2 for 4 (18.5# & 12#) on wire/flasher/flies, 225-250 back, 75 - 85 down in 135-155 fow, right on the top of the thermocline, 8+ miles NW out of port . No fish marks on the graph to speak of, a couple spots of bait. On Saturday morning we went right back to that area, was setup by daybreak, couldn't find a fish. Worked our way out to 225 fow, found a couple bait balls, lost 2 kings on SWR/spoons off the riggers, 75 down, 2.5-3 mph. Might have been able to turn up a couple more at that point, but had to quit at noon.

Like the guy at All Seasons said....fishing was "spotty"......

Fished Sat from 6;30am to 8:00pm out in front of the plant 300-330fow  down 90-100.

We went 2-3 (17# & 21#) 1 on dipsy 275 back with froggy SD & Green Hammer & 1 on rigger back 25 down 95 used another green SD & Hammer

glow. Sun worked out front of plant again in 150-200fow.

Went 2 for 3 again 1 laker and 1 steelie both of these came on white flasher and fly. Both days running 2.2-3.0. Slow fishing didn't see a lot of bait or mark a lot. Fleas very bad, thought about changing snubbers out to flea collars.  Be back up in 2 weeks to give it another shot.

Shelby and I went out with friends aboard "Draggin Fly" yesterday from 6am to 1 pm, headed west of the plant from 250-420 fow, went 4 for 5 with two coming off the wire dipsy 277' back on Andy's Pretty Girl flasher with custom "sassy grandma fly" lake was flat and fleas were "sick" although not that bad on the 30# blood run sea flea line. All in all a beautiful day on the water with friends!

post-144884-0-64531900-1407167287_thumb.jpg