After a couple of mechanical shakedown trips to Seneca last weekend (I even got skunked both times) we finally got the Admiral Byrd on the big pond this year. Lesiurely starting at 6:30 we headed out to 260' and set up a couple of downriggers and dipsy's along with a leadcore for good measure. We made our way out to 500' and turned back in, cleaned the fleas and switched stuff up, even put the 10 color leadcore down 30' off a rigger and that hit a teens king on a Finger Lakes tackle UV spoon. A couple hours later and we picked up a nice steely on a green / orange / silvere spoon behind a dipsy and small silver dodger out 200' on 3 in 260'. Another cleaning and we got going south again and picked up a king on an echip flasher / fly combo out 300' on 3 in 165'. We never had a solid mark or pod of bait on the screen and the fleas sucked. Off the water around 2. Not bad for the first trip to Lake O this year.

Bob

great to hear u guys got out on the big o this year!we worked out in front of port yesterday as well hunting for browns and cleaning up our mess from the pro/am. nothing huge i think best brown was around 10lb class but did 8 for probly 20 but many of the misses where due to no one looking at rods wile we where putting stuff back where it belonged. we hung out in the 60/80 fow. and yes jason i got a 5 gal bucket of fleas  waitin for ya  :rofl: