Help with Wire Dispy

This is probably a basic question, but I have never had to deal with it myself.  I snapped off a #1 dipsy yesterday. Lost everything from the wire back.  I need to crimp on a new connector to my 7 strand line.  What type of connector do I use?  What size?  I keep seeing to use a "clevis" but don't know what that is.  And I have heard to use a 100# SPRO ball bearing swivel.  I understand how to crimp it all together, but don't know exactly what connectors to use.  Any help?

I use a #3 spro coastlock snap with a crimp sleeve for the wire.

With the ball bearing swivel?  or the power swivel?  They look just a tad bit different.  What size crimps?  The Mason 7strand wire I have has a diameter of .015.  The smallest crimps I have are with an internal diameter of .84.  I should be able to crimp it down tight enough right?

And another stupid question.  When I bought these rods pre-rigged, they came with a bright green plastic ball about the size of a "pea" that slid down to the crimp, so that you could not accidentally reel the wire too far into the rod it….it fit perfectly inside the twili tip.  where do I find that ball?

Edited by jigstick

ok wow.  that knot looks easier, especially to do out on the water.  Any idea on the green plastic bead?  Does it come with the Twili Tip?  I know its not necessary, but it was a nice feature.  It basically would prevent the crimp and swivel from getting caught up in the Twili tip

You can actually tie the overhand knot first,  then just pass the loop through the eye of the swivel and half hitch it around the swivel.  That's even easier to do on the water.  No idea on the bead, they don't come with the twilli tips, probably just a 10mm or 12mm bead like are used to make fly leaders.

When it comes to the ball bearing swivel / coast lock snap, is there one brand in particular that is most durable?  Sampo or SPRO?  I am thinking of using a #60lb one.  That should be plenty strong enough for #1 dipsys and king salmon hits correct?

• 2 weeks later...

so i was king fishing this weekend.  Had my dipsy rod back up in action, using a Sampo 60lb swivel with coast lock snap.  I used the knot mentioned above.  Went to pop the dipsy in order to reset at a different depth, and the wire SNAPPED.  Lost my brand new dipsy.  I was skeptical of that knot.  I stopped at the Slippery Sinker baitshop by Olcott and had them put on a new swivel.  They used this kit that had some wire sleeves in it, as well as what looked like a brass thimble / horse shoe shaped piece of brass piping.  They threaded on two sleeves, then passed the wire through this "thimble", then into the sleeves and crimped.  Then crimped the tag into the 2nd sleeve.  all covered with shrink tubing.  Seems very solid.  Does anybody know where I can purchase that "thimble" / brass pipe piece?  its shaped like a horse shoe, has a diameter about 1-2mm.