Help with Wire Dispy

When I tied the new swivel on, I pulled off atleast 25ft of wire to get all the spirals out.  To my knowledge, I did not feel any kinks...atleast within 2 rod lengths of the knot.  Weather or not there was one on the spool, I dont know.  Any idea where I can get that crimping kit with that thimble thing?  I do like how it functions.  Really keeps stress off of the swivel.

I have used that knot for years without fail I even attach my down rigger balls with it and it has never failed but I have lost a couple of dipsys to kinks that I straightened out and I thought would be ok. I always keep tension on my wire rods with small bungee cords when they are not in use so I do not get kinks and then I immediately hook up a dipsy for weight when I unhook the bungee cord so my line never has slack in it. But if you think crimping gives you more confidence go for it but if you are getting kinks you will end up with the same results while spending money on something most people will say is not necessary.

I have used that knot for years without fail I even attach my down rigger balls with it and it has never failed but I have lost a couple of dipsys to kinks that I straightened out and I thought would be ok. I always keep tension on my wire rods with small bungee cords when they are not in use so I do not get kinks and then I immediately hook up a dipsy for weight when I unhook the bungee cord so my line never has slack in it. But if you think crimping gives you more confidence go for it but if you are getting kinks you will end up with the same results while spending money on something most people will say is not necessary.

Good to know next time I gotta terminate a DWN Rig cable!

Crimp not needed. Double the line on itself and tie an overhand knot, making a loop an inch or two big. Attach a large snap swivel to the loop and you are done.

Snog down the knot, clip the tag end.

Great advise ! Same thing I do , have been for years and it does not fail !

I use the knot Tim posted, tying the overhand first is a great idea (thanks Tim)!

Use a #6 spro snap swivel as others have recommended.

I have never lost a dipsey from a wire snap. I have only lost a dipsey from throwing the whole lot

into the lake, without clipping the snap swivel on - dooo!