Spoon Identification

NK's usually have the NK marking at the front (top narrow part) of the spoon....I don't see it in the pic....maybe the angle but it looks more like one of the generic blank spoons that Cabela's used to sell in the magnum size possibly and doctored up with a glow ladder and spray painted.

How long is it and does it have any markings on the other side. Nk used to have a light series (not sure if they still do) that used a dumped blank.

No markings on the back. I don't have it here, but it's a mag sized spoon.  Rather light weight.

If it is light weight it is probably not the one I suggested....probably a stinger as they are usually lighter.

Agree that the blank looks like a Michigan Stinger with the small dimples in the hammered finish but MS never used ladder tape like that - they always had their custom wide tape like on an NBK.

Don't overthink it - try and find a similar blank on the MS website and tape it yourself - you can find the glow and black ladder tape at most local tackle shops.

- Chris

Edited by momay4000

Its a Stinger with tape added later. Sometimes the tackle shop owners get creative. I have a few without the tape. I believe the name is Purple Thunder or Puss N Boots or Kevorkian

I could be wrong, that name Purple Thunder could be from NK, I have that one too

fish307 has a bunch of them, check em out

Edited by Patriot

fingerlakes tackle makes the same spoon called the ak-47 work real good on lake Ontario. 

Jason,

I might have spoken too soon.  It looks like the Warrior Spoon has a small red dot that this doesn't.  I've bought a lot of Finger Lakes spoons from Bobby, so it's more likely this is his spoon.  Everyone run to FLT site now! :)

There is a post in the tackle section under costom flashers. Your spoon is in a posted picture. It has the eye and all. It is finger lakes.

sorry but that isn't the same spoon.  thats a RAD AK 47 (custom flashers). no purple on that spoon and its got fishscale