Seneca Seneca 8/5/2014

Time to get back out fished solo............ tad late but was in brown mode again......was at spot at 8 am..... set up out deep and time to mess with minn kota i pilot ( REAL men don't read directions ):  anyway picked a bow up 55' down on rigger..... after a bit it was time to get directions out..... picked up one more bow same spoon same rigger same depth.....got the thing to work not sure what I did but the control was great could get in back still see depthfinder and X4 and steer  with remote.... dropped 55' rigger to 61' and dropped probe rigger to 55' ..... started banging lakers picked up 4 at the depth and lost 2 other fish....brought the 61' back to 55' and probe to 45* picked up one more bow ran into lots of weeds and it was getting pretty hot so called it at 10ish.....   see if I can get that thing to work again..... other than set up and when I ran into weeds I was working 65' to 118' bait has schooled up a lot since the last time out pods are huge then nothing for a while..... was getting hit with most every big bait pod , never worked back thru any of them......

:yes:  Ed and another for getting up the courage for reading the instructions :yes::lol:

Edited by Sk8man

That's how it works best. I use it on my little boat pretty much as soon as it is of the trailer. The only 2 functions that I seem to use are the autopilot (the little circle with an arrow and "N" in it) and cruise control (the little button with a speedometer thing in it). Point the motor the way you want to go, set the speed and relax. The guys over at MinnKota really got it right. ðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think I can make a turn tighter without tangling lines in the back , just seems like with the bow mount that it turns/tracks/follows better than using the steering/kicker on the back !!!! But need a bigger spread with diver rods out to tell for sure !!!! Only ran two riggers today and I can turn pretty tight with just those out...........I'll be using it more from now on for sure...........