Barcelona Grease

steelie

NCM_0213_zps35a68433.jpg

NCM_0214_zpsacace6fe.jpg

NCM_0212_zps5d9d7d66.jpg

20140803_121510_zpse2e037f1.jpg

Fished sunday with the 10' 6" noodle rods spooled with 6lb test for lakers  while fishing for eyes. The walleye fishing on sunday was tough but the lakers were a different story. This is as close to ontario fishing as I get for erie... My wife and I landed 5 and dropped 2 in a couple hours. One of which would not leave the bottom (probably a low to mid 20's) The biggest we landed was around 14lbs.. I do this every year and have a blast.. Enjoy the photos

I have tried from 1.9 to 3 . I see fish come to the ball a lot but can't seam to get a taker .

You want to target lakers, get some cowbells and drag em with a spoon or quickfish on the  business end between 1.5 and 1.9 at the ball speed not SOG speed and game on

I have tried from 1.9 to 3 . I see fish come to the ball a lot but can't seam to get a taker .

1.8 -2.0 is a good speed. It allows us to still  walleye fish but catch lakers as well. Dont over think it, there is 3 really good year classes of fish and always on the feed. Any of the spoons listed,  back 20-50' on the riggers will do the trick.

The laker fishing is stupid good this year in erie. We have had them bite worm harnesses with regularity this year. This spring we did days with double digit lakers. One day I ran two poles with my five year old. Spoons on the bottom in 30 ft just west of dunkirk. Early May was hot only a few boats out there doing it. We also were able to get rainbows, browns, bass and walleye mixed in. Probably went seven to eight times in may and caught lakers every time no deeper then 40 ft.

We fished from Dunkirk to Barcelona last Saturday , picked up about 30 lakers on the riggers 5-15ft of the bottom, 124fow was the ticket, frostbite uv spoon was on fire all day, we will be heading there this weekend again, we also boxed 10 walleye while in those depths

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nice, I always say that i am going to a spinner combo up as the kids struggle with the baitcasters to reel them in and i know they would do so much better with the spinning tackle. Its just spending the bucks for a decent one with a good drag system in it. Escpecially on the salmon.