Kings...what's up this year?

The lake is what? 120 plus miles long X 60 plus miles wide X 800 ft deep in some areas?

For instance, 1 million mature Kings??

It's like looking for a match head in an over-grown football field X 2, IMHO.

They ought to show up any time now, here on the east end, but lakers and browns will have to do until then.

Rick I responded to your note in an email I guess. Banning fly rods is like banning guns. Gun's don't kill people, people do. Fly rods don't gig fish, the unethical, or unskilled anglers with the tools in their hands do. Let's stop blaming a fishing tool on problems. Educate those who simply don't know, and we should all be banding together to turn in the bandits that rape our fishery. I've had people arrested by CO's on tribs many times...and will continue to do so. Now that i've got a Go Pro strapped to my body most times...I'll even show up in court with the evidence. Let's be solutions to problems.

RICK...AMEN brother...on getting trib and lake guys together. We have a robust, yet delicate, yet ever changing environment, some times with problems and issues. This watershed is used 12 months a year...never gets a rest. It should be managed as a 12 month a year fishery by stakeholders as it is by DEC and USGS. Neither of those entities look at this environemnt as a lake or trib fishery only.

Why are we doing that????? Let's get off the computers, and go grab a beer together and discuss our interestes, issues, and hope for the future live and in person. There are (IMHO) to many splintered special interest groups. Imagine if we all were one.

I said last yr at the end of the yr. Salmon fishing seemed odd. Yes we beat up mature kings but the 15 to 18lb class is not there. I put a lot of miles on my boat this. I tell you I have not broken the 18lb mark of salmon. I honestly believe there are not many mature fish. We will know more after this big blow.

Ha Ha Rick...I don't care if there are more Kings,,,,,put them in...if it crashes the fishery so be it. BUT, a deal goes both ways. More Kings "sure" ...1 steelehad limit everywhere including the lake  25 inch and above limit on those fish. It's a proven fact ..Data That DEC has captured at Altmar since the 80's that fish under 22 inches are not spawners. Meanign trib guys have never had a shot at those fish. Let them get to 25 inches and the data shows they've been in a river at least once. and therefore both lake and tribs anglers had a chance to fish to them.

The Lake Trout are in Federal hatcherys, so are Atlantics.(At Tunison) Cornell University..except the NYS hatchery in the ADK. There they keep a Brood stock of fish in a lake to spawn each year. Never has been and never would be any impact on the other species. You boys have to take that up with the very Powerful Great lakes Fishery Commission. Tick them off enough and they'll see that nothing BUT lake trout, Coaster Brookies, and Atlantic Salmon are in these lakes.

I believe the salmon will come from the middle of the lake, bypass Oswego & Fair haven and head right for the Big Salmon River. What's that happen about every other year. You'll see Oswego charters heading for the BSR. There goes the profits :(

Edited by Patriot

I said last yr at the end of the yr. Salmon fishing seemed odd. Yes we beat up mature kings but the 15 to 18lb class is not there. I put a lot of miles on my boat this. I tell you I have not broken the 18lb mark of salmon. I honestly believe there are not many mature fish. We will know more after this big blow.

Don't forget, the LOC derby starts on Friday (I think). That will get more people out scouring the depths and give a better idea of what's out there

Don't forget, the LOC derby starts on Friday (I think). That will get more people out scouring the depths and give a better idea of what's out there

Not for nothing, but we've already had 90% of the lake season. I don't expect big #'s anymore.

Well their's that Gambler.....

Gonna get Yankee Rick off the kiddy ride float fishing gear, and put the 13 foot two hander in his mitts....teach him the ZEN of the "Swing" ...or in his case SCHWING!!!. Stop playing with bobbers...and learn how to present the feathers so a "Playa" who'll rip your rotator cuff to shreads on the grab.

God forbid if I ever got him to get the ultimate PULL from the almighty Salar....he'd be blabbering.....stuff like...Boat For sale....rods...riggers...electronics dirt cheap.....ahhh...ohh...ahh...

Ok boyz.....another thread trashed all to he!! by a bunch of guys who like to wade around rivers and fish in rubber pants. Time to tie some Chinny flies...JUST in case any show up....ever.

King. You have to keep in mind last year was one of the worst years for steelies. They didnt start until mid june and numbers were way down. Size and numbers this year were strong the first weekend in april. Browns were out of hand. All you have to do is go back to April reports. The trib guy will be in their glory. The trout return will be fantastic this year.

Really? Beating up on a grey haired guy with unfortunate problems with his bowels? I've got a stick all right and it takes 2 hands to swing it.

You crack me up Scott.

King Davy, careful converting the Yankee Troller to fly fishing. The oak does not need a Yankee Swinger running around. Lol!

I can see it now. The new fly fishing team of Coco's Dream!

Complete with blue led lighted 13 foot spey...oops..😎

Stoopid sloe cunexion. Du u uh huh😴😈

Cent frum my notso smart fone

Edited by skipper19

Once again a down year . someone has to take blame. Truth is the tribs are not the meat market they once were. We really do not know facts on mortality on lake fish. We all can use . well they got a chance. Will everyone be happy? No. Maybe with all the technology we are not as good as our egos believe. Being humbled at times is really OK. So the salmon river will still get **** loads of kings.... So we are saying if your set ups are not hitting fish with rigger balls or fish ad you always have that some change does not have the power to totally make all these " for sure techniques" not so for sure at times? Reinvent something?

Edited by tiogafishaddict