Seneca Seneca 8/7/2014

Seneca 8/7/2014

Hoot was in camp today so I had an extra hand on board………… got going around 7 to launch headed south to same area……came up about a ½ mile short lots of weeds…………..set up headed north 70 to 100 feet of water ……. 240’ on the wire slidediver rig , 67’ on one riger and 61’ on probe rigger same spoons as yesterday …… S/D yellow/sliver with a green fly………… made one pass back thru then father south….. picked up  9 lakers and 2 bows ……. Went to west side looking for landlock…… picked one up out deep (250’) on the 61’ rigger………worked in then north then went out  to pick up that pass again and picked a small bow up out in 500+ feet ……and one more landlock about where we got the other one just about 17†so we kept going north this time , picked another laker up on the wire and two more 17†landlocks  â€¦â€¦called it about 12……  17 for 20 for the day……

east side 61' down 62 or so *

west side 61' down 54 or so *

west side 36' down 61 or so*

east side would be near 70* or high 60* at 36,......

Nice going on the fish Ed. Rather puzzling difference in the size of different temps on E vs. W sides. must be the wind and current combined to set it up that way. Pretty steep difference.  Was hoping to fish Lake O but the wind direction has sucked so may opt for Seneca tomorrow. Are the weeds mostly as you head south? Thinking maybe about a Sampson launch but not decided yet.....

Les its hard to say where they will be.... the wind just changed out of the north west about 2 hours before we quit....  when we came back across we went thru a LOT of weeds in the middle..... the area I worked for the past few days got smaller weeds on the north side then today on the south side.....when we went back thru we were able to get past them and a few miles down the lake but not marking as much bait or fish..... with all the rain we been getting they could be letting a lot out..... I know on Tuesday when I got back up bu Lodi Point worked out deep then went back in and the probe speed went for 2.5 to 3.3......on a east troll !!!! wind had nothing to do with the increase I was cutting across the grain on the wind..... I have not been up in the Samson area in some time glenm fishes up that way.....

Les, cant go wrong hitting the North end, try that shelf 100ft -110ft on the east side from the middle with that 500ft copper twin minnow we talked about last week.  Id bet that would be a hit.  Wouldnt think there would be much for weeds there with this NW wind today.

Les, I've been fishing up around Belhurst on the weekends. Last Saturday I was out in my 14' boat trying my best to troll, but the wind just got the better of me, couldn't keep the thing running in a straight line. Decided rather than fight it, I may as well use it, so I ran south to the top of Glass Factory Bay and let the wind blow me back while jigging. Boated 15 lakers and dropped a couple more fishing solo. Jigged anywhere from 70 to 110 feet of water. Hope to get out Sunday. Good luck.