Hi guys, my name is Andrew and I just recently started fishing for salmon.  I have been to port hope twice and managed to pull in 2 kings last year.  Pretty sure they herd me shouting F*** Yeah from kingston to Toronto.  Anyway,  It's been a difficult year.  I only managed to get away once this year and didn't get a bite.....I was only able to fish a  Saturday in early July, my wife is pregnant with our first child so I'm on a tight leash.  I have time off in the middle of september and was thinking of going for a fish (14 15 16)  So my qustion is....Is it still worth it at that time of year ? I live in Ottawa so its a good 4 or 5 hour drive to port hope.  Should I try somewhere closer to kingson?  Any information will be greatly appreciated .  You guys are great and I really do enjoy all the sharing you guys do..  Thanks

id give it a shot why not, the fish are so nuts this year who knows when and where they will be early september. normally around that time i beleive their in closer if im not mistaken. I was catching them in like 40fow just outside harbor channels. 

I would think that the matures would be pretty much done by the middle of September. I would watch the weather and if good I would run out to 250 fow and troll south. You should get bows, hos and immature kings that time of the year. I've had some great days fishing that time of the year.