Headed up there next week for a few days.  Fished last year after a big blow, so the fish turned off.  Hoping for better luck this year, but all reports say the kings are down in numbers this year (and the fleas are up in numbers).  We'll still target them, but if the bite isn't there, want to have another species to target.  I fish Champlain, so I'm pretty confident I can get some lakers over there, but would like to know what you use for browns this time of year?  I'll be out of Selkirk shores.  Unfortunately I don't have speed/temp probe, so I'll do my best.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks -

Mike

there's been lots of info on brown fishing in Mexico Bay area lately if you read through some of the past threads. Seems to me guys were saying 80-85 FOW from the bottom up to 50 or 60. Good luck and report back!

Very similar around I-Bay. 100fow and 80 or so down is the first place I usually start for browns this time of year. Same as above. spoons. I am particular to the NKs but I am sure they would all work. I haven't really fished the browns all year and yesterday we roughly went by this and we hit a couple right off. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. Will report in with how we do.

Well, cancelled the trip.  With the big blow/weather coming in, and the slow reports for kings (browns were going to be an alternative), decided to cancel, and fish the home waters of Champlain instead.  Will give it a go next year.  Thanks for the info, though.  Best of luck to all out there.

It was enough to keep me away, anyhow...

From windfinder:

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/selkirk_beach

This is what I saw on Accuweather, knowing it's a broad reaching Accuweather forecast:

LAKE ONTARIO OPEN WATERS FROM HAMLIN BEACH TO THE SAINT LAWRENCERIVER-126 PM EDT MON AUG 11 2014.THIS AFTERNOON...SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES 1 FOOT ORLESS. .TONIGHT...SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS INCREASING TO 15 TO25 KNOTS. RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS LATE. WAVES 1 FOOTOR LESS BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET..TUESDAY...SOUTHEAST WINDS TO 30 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 15 TO25 KNOTS. RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 4 TO 7 FEETSUBSIDING TO 3 TO 6 FEET. .TUESDAY NIGHT...SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHWESTAND DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OFTHUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 3 TO 6 FEET SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET. .WEDNESDAY...WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST. ACHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET BUILDING TO 4 TO 7 FEET...THEN SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 6 FEET. .THURSDAY...WEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET SUBSIDING TO1 TO 3 FEET. .FRIDAY...WEST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES1 TO 3 FEET. WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.

I remember last year our crew showed up just after a hard westerly HD blow.......the fish were all under 220' the first day we arrived.....the second day they came up to 175'.....third day they were at 135'

The probe we used read 72 deg at surface and 69 deg near the end of our DR cable (200')

I'm thinking it was all the warm water stacked up in the eastern basin pushing the thermocline down?