1,000 words they say...too much fun!

Tank

Congrats!! to the young guys, the smiles from ear to ear says it all. I think we just got to more future big water trolling guys, thanks for taking the kids fishing it's always nice to see the younger generation getting involved. That trip with those fish will be the talk amongst the boys at the first day of school. (Hey guys I caught a brown trout this------------------------------------------------------big this summer out on my dads boat, I'm not kidding!!!)   Great job fellow fisherman!! PAP.

Hey bandrus,  I didn't take that as a joke or funny. Those boys are 9 and 10 yrs old and cannot handle bigger Kings. They have been catching whatever they can handle on my boat for years.

Charter captains and tournament veterans are complaining about the King fishing this year along with most everyone, so instead of targeting a few fish for ME I targeted what they could successfully do.  I have caught multiple Kings this year and 100's if not 1000's in my time fishing for them. Browns are a great Kid friendly fish,  Btw  this was the same morning

unnamed64_zps211c239e.jpg

Edited by Tank

Happy kids and pretty fish - a winning combination.  What I've found while fishing with the kids is that they are not species conscious.  They just want to catch fish - and they did.  Last trip my grandson told me he would rather catch a 12 pound steelhead than a 20 pound king any day - way more fun.

Wow talk about an over reaction... its a great picture and you need to lighten up

We have 600 threads on here about how tough fishing as been this year and you get that offended by some goofing around about it. Sorry man

Edited by bandrus1

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool Tank! The most important fact for me wasn't the fishing results it was the fact that you took the time to expose the kids to somethng exciting they couldn't do by them selves (yet). It is probably one of the few things that gets a lot of kids outdoors and away from the video games these days :yes: