Tiger musky in Braddocks ?!?!?

So my wife took the dog for a walk over at Braddocks bay and stumbled upon this fish.....could be a tiger or just an odd coloring for a pike I'll let you pros make the call post-140970-14075963584313_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well I've never caught a small pike with that style coloring and I'm pro at catching small fish lol.....I guess you learn something new everyday with fishing. Thanks for the quick response guys

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very interesting. Much like those blue colored yellow perch sometimes caught. Only a biologist would know, unless you could check the gill covers and cheeks for scale distribution yourself...... :wondering: Was that fish only a few inches long? Perhaps Tigerhunter is correct....perhaps  :thinking:  ?...?

Which brings up my favorite question;there are muskies in the rivers on both ends of ontario but none in between. Why not? Why not in braddocks or irondiquoit or sodus? If they were in the big water the trout/salmon guys would get one now and then. Thoughts?

I think it could be a pike but not typical markings for one. Thats a toughy it could be a tiger too but if I had to guess , id say pike. Also maybe a norlunge. Dont hear much about them anymore

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was fishing the Oak a few years back this time of year. I was using Shaky head Senco's . Had a hit & knew it was a pike. Got him to the side of the boat. Caught enough muskys to know it was one. Shook it's head and got bit off before I could net it. Was maybe 10lbs.

Also was  light line jigging. spring for whatever would bite at the falls that come out of the canal in Holley. Hooked a fish & got him up to the side . Could swear it was a small musky,maybe 5 lbs,bit me off . A few weeks latter a friend who fishes there a lot & knows his fish Says to me, " You'll never guess what I caught down at the falls, a small musky."

A few weeks after that, my son tells me his buddy said he was fishing thesame  falls & said he thought he caught a small musky.

For what it's worth

Edited by Has Been

I think it could be a pike but not typical markings for one. Thats a toughy it could be a tiger too but if I had to guess , id say pike. Also maybe a norlunge. Dont hear much about them anymore

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looks like a pike, .....Tigers are Norlunge, same thing.

Looks like a pike, .....Tigers are Norlunge, same thing.

No not true. Tigers are a cross between a female musky and a male pike. A Norlunge is the opposite, female pike and male musky. I think the Norlunge experiment ended years ago though.