I-Bay 8/9/14 - small kings

Hello LOU friends,

Fished again with my great pal Anthony and we covered quite a bit of water today. We started in 110 fow and had a few dinky marks here and there and started the morning with an 8 ounce king that hit a twinkie rig pulling Familiar bite. After that, we moved out a bit deeper in the 180-200 fow area and had a really nice fish on wire, but it broke off at the leader in front of the flasher. We also had two slightly bigger two year old kings in that water along with a nice lake trout on the 400' copper pulling a 42 sec. Flasher with matching fly. Since we thought the fish were getting bigger the deeper we went, we made the decision to head offshore.

We decided to head out offshore in the 400-500 fow area and there were solid marks, but they were down 200-250' and I'd bet the farm that they were nice kings. However, the bite was slow for us so we pulled all the rods and moved back into the shallower depths and had more decent action with smaller kings and another lake trout or two.

We finished the day 9 for 10 with three lakers and 6 Chinook salmon.

The following all took fish:

400' copper - 42 sec flasher/fly

250' wire pulling white/green dot SD and a hammer fly

riggers between 80 -100 feet: wonderbread (thank you shout out to Tomy L. for the advice on this set-up), 42 sec spoon, DW SS blue dolphin cheater

wire 285' DW Twinkie rig/silver paddle and familiar bite

Good luck to all,

Chris

I tried the same thing yesterday, going further offshore with the same results.

I think we were circling the same area later this morning (180ft-200ft).....you have the yellow trophy?

Thanks for the report, always great to compare notes!

I tried the same thing yesterday, going further offshore with the same results.

I think we were circling the same area later this morning (180ft-200ft).....you have the yellow trophy?

Thanks for the report, always great to compare notes!

Yes sir / that was us. I hope we weren't being a pain circling with you but that area was producing. You have a nice boat - I hope you were hooking up as well in that water.

Tight lines - good luck,

Chris

Yes sir / that was us. I hope we weren't being a pain circling with you but that area was producing. You have a nice boat - I hope you were hooking up as well in that water.

Tight lines - good luck,

Chris

No problem at all....yes, that is why I was there also.

Thanks on the boat; funny you said something as I was admiring your boat also.....would love a hardtop!   ....and maybe a few more feet! 8^)

Don