Maine Musky

Just got back from a trip to the homeland.  My cousin Jesse treated me to my first ever muskie fishing experience in the Allagash.  It was incredible.  I got six fish, the weather was fantastic, and the bugs were nonexistent.  Anybody who knows Maine will know how astonishing that part about the bugs is!  The sheer violence that musky fisht with makes me wonder what a fight with a really big one would be like!

post-140860-0-84401900-1407614233_thumb.jpg

post-140860-0-03932400-1407614287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete Collin

Nice! And absolutely right about the skeeters and blackflies. Seems like after August 1st those guys disappear out of the north country. Let's hope it stays that way (u know....global warming stuff). Care to tell where in that extensive brook trout area (musky were introduced by the Canadians in nearby Quebec) you were fishing.....? Don't be precise; I'm not running up there to chase muskies. Just curious..... :thinking:

Very interesting, thanks a lot for sharing, seems to me those toothy critters can change the Eco. system in a hurry. They stocked the Muskie in our local lake and at trout stocking time it a real feast for the Muskie, and they have raised havoc on the walleye and brown trout population, but there are some guys who love the challenge of catching these beasts.

Edited by pap