inline planer boards

going to buy some inline's for the first time and i was wondering what is everybody's favorite brand and why. Also do you think i need the tattle flags that show strikes or just go with the stationary flag? any info is greatly appreciated!

I'd go with the off shore planer boards. Thats what I use andI really like them. I don't think you need te tattle tale flags. You will know by the bend in the rod if you picked up any weight. Once you get use to the bend in the rod , you will know if you picked a fish up. Also the boards will stall in the water when a fish is on. A couple other things to do is add refelctive tape. You can buy a strip at wal-mart thats like 30 iches long by 1 1/2 inches. Cut strips and add them to the board and to the flag. This will help when the sun hits thm, when th moon hits them and when you shine a light on them. Also if you fish at night, if you lose one you can find it floating easier whn the flashlight hits it. Also write your name on and phone number on them with a sharpie. There are some honest people out there, in case you lost 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

go with the off-shore they ride the best. then upgrade to the or-18 snapper release. the releases that come with them will pop off in rough water or when trolling at higher speeds, the or-18 has a snap system that wont come off. letting it slide down the line creates a hindrance, also when you start to run 4 or more boards they will be easier to tell if you get a strike because the boards will fall out of formation.

I would recommend the Church boards. The tx-6 or the tx-12's should be fine for the finger lakes. The tx-6's are quite small, but have proven to work well for me on Keuka. The tx-12's are bigger and more versitile if you're going to be on some bigger water. The tx-6's and 12's don't have a flag that fits them to tell when a fish bites. There's a couple larger models (tx-24 and the walleye boards) which are very similar to each other. Those models can be rigged up with a flag so you can tell when a fish bits. I haven't personally used anything but the church boards and I like them. They have a home page which is as follows: http://www.churchtackle.com/

Hope this helps. Tight lines!

thanks guys but this is an old thread and i did go with the church boards about two months ago :):lol:

anyway i do have a guestion i have them on 7ft rigger rods and they bend them over quite a bit and also it doesn't look like they are running as good as they should. i still have the weight at the zero mark. should i move it back so there is more weight to the back of the board?

If the nose of the board is running down, move the weight toward the back. If the nose is up, move it forward. One mark at a time either way.

It varies with what you're running off it so you have to experiment with each presentation till you figure the best position for each one. Good luck.

I dont have tattle-tails but they seem like a great idea. The biggest mistake I see with using my favorite OFF - SHORE boards is not instantly changing all the black clips to the red clips that have a nipple in the center. Put your line behind the nipple on both interchanged clips. (I know Ray is going crazy for pics of these nipples) but you will never have line slipp unless your using anything less than 12#. USE FLOUROCARBON.