went out of Hughes 5:45 am yesterday set up in 140 headed north to 200 then headed west zig-zaging from 200 - 140 doubled up on skipper king and a fat laker worker west all the way to Ginna on pretty blank screens!! I decided I needed to take drastic action so I pulled the rods and headed into the shallows came in to 90 feet and was greeted by bait and hooks all over the bottom 30 feet of the screen so we set up heading back east. setup with a green dolphin 57 down as I was getting ready to attach the cheater with the main line in one hand and the cheater in the other the first brown hit boated that one about 6 lbs , got reset and a second rod in the water and the green dolphin fires again with an 8 lb brown stayed in the skinny water trying to keep 2 rods in the water with 2 guys was a lot of fun. Browns got progressively larger from 6-13 lbs and so did the fight with the largest one thinking he was a steelhead or a coho and jumping a half dozen times never seen that happen before with a brown. Boated 1 skipper king, on a blk/silver AAF fly, 1 laker on this years salmon slam fly, and 7 browns all came on the green dolphin to save the trip!! Will be out all this upcoming week weather permitting but with the lack of mature kings I will be targeting browns till further notice!!  No fish were Harmed on this trip and all returned to the depths of Lake Ontario to fight another day!!!

mike

Edited by insufishent