Electrical Problem

luckyman

Looking for help. I have a 1994 Penn Yan Contender. My problem is every since I bought the boat when I run the spreader lights for more then 10 minutes a breaker somewhere will kick off killing all power to the boat. It does not kill the motor. After about a minute the power comes back. This has gotten worse now and when running the wash down or Nav lights or lighys for just a couple of minutes it will kick this breaker. I know there is a 50 amp breaker on top of the motor with a reset switch but this doesn't seem to be the breaker as when the power kicks off if I push the reset nothing happens. So my question is does anyone know what the problem could be...I was thinking the breaker may be getting weak and is there another breaker somewhere. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

sound like ya have a auto reset relay kinda like headlights on a car going weak...they are designed to trip on heavy load ,but unlike a switch the contacts will wear or fail much sooner...this condition could be exaggerated also from wires breaking down near a crimp connection...guess ya gotta trace every wire starting at the power source (ground too)