Wilson - Rainbows Rainbows and more Rainbows-pics

Fished both days out of Wilson offshore. We boated about 30 steelys between both days and lost probably the same amount. We also had a few small kings 10 to 15lbs in the mix. Caught a few on flasher fly but 98% came on all spoons. Caught one of my biggest in the boat in a long time over 14lbs looked like he was already out of his prime on the down slide. If his head matched the body he would of been well into the high teens. Its seems the average this year is between 8 and 10lbs. Very few kings caught a couple guys hit some kings but most people seems are like us may average one mature a trip.

post-143567-0-01806900-1407716994_thumb.jpg

post-143567-0-61635400-1407717077_thumb.jpg

Fished both days out of Wilson offshore. We boated about 30 steelys between both days and lost probably the same amount. We also had a few small kings 10 to 15lbs in the mix. Caught a few on flasher fly but 98% came on all spoons. Caught one of my biggest in the boat in a long time over 14lbs looked like he was already out of his prime on the down slide. If his head matched the body he would of been well into the high teens. Its seems the average this year is between 8 and 10lbs. Very few kings caught a couple guys hit some kings but most people seems are like us may average one mature a trip

That Steely was no joke man!!  I was lucky enough to see that monster up close and never saw such a freakish looking fish.  The head was as big as a mature king.   Nice work this weekend.  Hope to see you boys again in wilson!

Both days were different first day was 350 next day was 450. Fish are moving constantly chasing bait pods. Saturday it was close 350 and sunday same spot was dead had to find another pod. As for spoons it was anything with gold in it. Good Luck im on family vacation the next 2 weeks so your derby guys are safe from me. My group even though i'm not in it will go for the trifecta we have placed within top 15 both spring and summer derbys, we will see if they can do fall. Lets hope the king bite picks up for you guys. Steelys are fun but nothing beats the scream of a king.