X4 probe question

Ryno23

I've had a bad day and on top of that right before I left I drop my probe on the cement.

Got home tried to get readying off it could not but not sure if it needs to be in the water to work. See the red light flicks. Was wondering if there was a way to test it at home to see if I broke it or not.

Thanks.

When I installed my X4D I wanted to test it as well so I dropped in a 5 gallon pal attached to my rigger cable. Worked like a champ. Even gave water temp and depth as instructed.

Like others have posted it needs to completely submerged in order to work

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wet your finger and hold it across both metal probes on the front or put the probe into a bucket of water, if the red light starts flashing that is a good sign, at least it is turning itself on and the batteries are good.  If the plastic casing is not cracked so water can't get into the probe you're probably OK.

You won't get a reading on your display unless your transducer AND probe are in the water. If your boat is on the trailer, you could dismount your transducer from its bracket and raise the bucket to it with the probe upright in the bottom of the water.

The methods mentioned by the other guys (cross the electrodes with wet fingers or put in water) will show if the probe turns on with the red light but I think your question asked more than that.