Finally

mhtrapper

Hit the river tonight with low expectations due to pirates weekend. I started fishing around 7:30 first short troll landed one eye 26" thought well it might not be to bad of night after all, continued the troll landed huge smallie around 4lbs. The next pass tried a worm harness with current and nothing, got turned around went to my rapala with my homemade 9oz. BB and it happed again one around 18 1/4 . Tried jigging with spoon on the way back down with current got one right off the bat around 17 1/2 threw it back was about to the end of the drift and jigged another about the same size threw it back as well. I got tured back around put out the BB and rapala 1/2 way through the troll landed one 27" was an exceptional night in my book had my limit by 9:05 threw two back and lost one on the harness plus 1 small mouth.post-148929-0-84641000-1407727291_thumb.jpg

I was thinking same thing with the moon. Seems like the last one Kevin did really well also if i remember right. It also makes everything alot eaiser as far as netting , hook relaese, changing baits or lures and etc... I am only working tues.and wed. this week and taking a little time off  hopefully be able to get after them again. I am gonna try up by coles creek towards the end of the week weather permitting.

Thanks Kevin, the bite was excellent. I actually didn't want to quit. I am hoping to get back down toward the end of week I only have to work tues. and wed. In laws are camping at coles creek gonna try and go up there one afternoon and try it the eyes up there for an evening bite.