Otisco 3 man ticket punched!

justtracytrolling

Let me back up a bit....I havent been catching numbers or consistantly in weeks. I have been fishing as hard as ever and finally friday i started night trolling as a last resort. I know that night trolling is productive as that was my mainstay before I learned enough to be effective casting. I just dont like as much as night casting or day trolling. Well it took me 3 nights of HARD fishing to get enough feedback from the fish to get a good pattern and last night Matt, Wayne, and I hit it in spades! Fish werent big but we weeded through a dozen to get 9 over 21 inches. Ended up going 12-13 on eyes and trolled a dozen smallies and a to of rock bass from 11 to 4. We had about 40 releases. Fish were caught on a new spread of purple and blue shad rap 7s up to reef runner deep divers. Our spread started 7 feet down just outside the weeds to 25 down over 50 fow. We caught walleye on EVERY rod. Cant say enough about the teamwork we had going and how much fun we had. Im headed out now try a deeper version of last nights spread, but theres no way there will be 1/4 the fish we marked. Bait activity is nil on the surface and walleyes are very tight on structure. Yesterday I set up my 10.5 foot dipsey rods, mounted my down rod holders, ran 2 inline board rods, and 2 riggers to defeat floating weeds in the dark. I also finally wired in my mast lights which are amazing...night trolling is no longer less enjoyable.

Phisherman585 you picked a tough year to take up eyes in the. fingers its never easy but its HARD this year. Yoou need to come here and i can show you so you will at least KNOW how i do it.

Connor we did 12 but Im trying to only keep bigger fish when its on.

ontherise it absolutely makes a difference what color you use as well as actuon speed etc.

Excellent. No doubt those mast lights help out a lot. Particularly with weeds, debris, and multiple lines out there. Kind of why the 'eyes themselves are such good night and dark water hunters.....they can see. What... are they new equipment for you or were they just temporarily out of order? 

Excellent. No doubt those mast lights help out a lot. Particularly with weeds, debris, and multiple lines out there. Kind of why the 'eyes themselves are such good night and dark water hunters.....they can see. What... are they new equipment for you or were they just temporarily out of order? 

I bought a whole rocket launcher setup with masts, trees, reels, and mast lights back in april from great lakes planers.  I just never got them wired as I ran out of wire and didnt need them till now.  Water temp was 75....last year bout 90.  Tried yesterday afternoon just to see and only managed smallies and then did some weedline trolling for tigers...broke one off on a bx swimmer at 5 mph.  Just crushed it... Matt was holding the rod...he set the hook out of instinct and busted it off.  NEVER want to set the hook trolling, especially at 5 mph.