so after watching the weather all week and the web cams all day decided to take the little boat up to hughs in the afternoon.  figures its flat when i leave and by the time i get there was a touch of a chop.  check the forcast one last time and we decided to go for it.  Other than spring browns and fall rivermouth fishing i havent been out on lake O in 15 years or so the boat is little and slow but the motor is reliable so i took the chance set up in 80 foot of water decided to only run 5 rods to start to keep it simpler.  fished from there till 150 fow ended up with an 8# steelie a small 4#ish king a 10lb laker and a pair of nice 12-14 # browns also had 5 other knock offs with no one home.  maybe not steller but i fish the fingers most of the time so it was nice to go out after the real big guys and 3 fish over 10 is a good day to me.  hits were all from 90 -120 fow 60-80 down greens and blues did all the damage.  cut bait and spoons about a 50/50 split nothing on the spin docs.    Definatly got a few looks on the way out from the much larger boats in the marina.  was a blast and i will continue to look for weather oportunities to fish lake O in the late summer when there are fish within a mile or so of shore that is about my comfort limit in case i need to run from weather.  wanted to say thanks to this site as every hit i took was on a bait or tactic i learned on this site after a long absence it feels nice to be able to go out and still get some fish.    sorry no pics everything went back in the water.

Nice job!

We regularly fish out of Sandy Creek in a very small (15ft) boat and do well. You just have to be careful and pick your days.

We have been finding a lot of mornings sunrise to 11am fish able, though the last few weekends have been really calm and we have been able to venture out as far as 350 fow. Can't do that very often though ! Lately we've been finding plenty of fish in the 100-200 fow zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

my boat is a 14 footer but the bigger issue is a small motor so the slow top end speed keeps me closer to shore.  also my schedual means i tpically dont get out till after 8 so i mostly fish evenings.  i have been waiting for the right conditions and hope to get out on lake o a couple more times with the fish close.  seneca is always a nice place to fish to though fish just arent as big and no chance at a king still fun though.

Hope to get out tomorrow morning. Lots of action now and with that comming strong south wind we well might see our first turnover. Say goodbye to a steady thermocline.Time to break out leadcore and planer boards again.

I think that someone was putting you on about the kings in Seneca John. However the bait we saw today there probably would support some :)

Edited by Sk8man

There is a real healthy baitfish population there right now (as of a couple days ago :lol: ) I don't think they would go specifically for perch as they aren't as high nutrient value to them as alewives but I know from looking at stomach contents of trout over the years that big lakers sometimes eat them along with sunfish, sculpin, and shiners or even small smallies.