Why I am lake o addicted!

Adk1

Some of you know who I am. Adk1. I got into fishing lady o after 35 years of fishing my home lake for walleye, the great Sacandaga. Having had enough of catching walleye and promarily small walleye, I needed a new adventure, a new challenge. So what did i do do you ask? Well, I bought a few Great Lakes trolling books, a 91 221 islander....various salmon trolling rods for riggers and dipsies.. A boat load of tackle....luckily I was given two canon mag 10a riggers and some other stuff and I headed to lake o! 2013 was my first season and the first trip after 2 days of trolling landed my very first 24 lb king. That was it, I became addicted! I love this site and I love my trips to the lady. Everyone I have met is very gracious on providing a rookie like myself with available information. My first trip last year I ran into willy c at Mexico launch. He came right up to me and said "might u be adk1? That was crazy. This past weekend in the same scenerio I bumped into Sammydog. I don't know how these guys knew it was me other than pulling th 221 islander behind a rv..haha I am headed back out for a one day "down and dirty" trip on the 23 rd weather pending. I wish I could get there more! Again, thanks to those who are responsible for this awesome sit and thanks to everyone who is willing to provide info to guys like me. It is much appreciated! Good luck out there and be safe everyone!

It sure is and I've had the great opportunity to take it one step further....I've met some great folks in the area who are members for coffee etc. and some fishing chat and  mutual sharing of info face to face and have fished with a number of LOU members on my boat and/or theirs having never met them before. VERY cool! Great way to meet people with shared interests, make new fishing friends and learn at the same time....don't be afraid to try it... a lot of fun.

Edited by Sk8man