Auto bilge wiring question

Custom Deluxe

I just removed a bilge and seperate float switch from my Penn Yan and started wiring in a new Rule 750GPH with the electronic autobilge built in.I have a 2 way bilge switch on the console

Heres my question. I wired in the positive and negative wires that went to the old bilge right to the new pump, and it turns on and off witht the switch i have properly. There is a 3rd wire for the autobilge feature, and i cant figure out where to put it. I do have 2 capped wires from the old float switch, but i cant figure out where to put the auto bilge wire to get it to function properly. i understand the pump clicks on every 2 minutes to check for load, so i tried a variety of different setups with the bilge pump in a small bowl of water, and couldnt get it to go.

I know this can be done with my current switch, as i had a similar setup on my last boat.  It would auto pump if there was water, but i could flip the switch and turn it on if i wanted to.  

Any advice on getting the auto working would b much appreciated.

It would seem to me that the 3rd wire would have to go direct to the battery. My Baha has the same setup. When my main kill switch is off the manual switch doesn't work but if the boat is full of water the auto will come on and pump it out. That said it has to be getting 12v from somewhere and that should be that 3rd wire you have.

Total Chaos

Thanks.. But there is no float switch on this pump, its a rule 750 and the autobilge is built in somehow

My float switch just snaps in the base so I unsnap it and either lift the float or turn it upside down.

Total Chaos

There has to be a float switch someplace whether it's separate or built in to your pump. See if you can find that and push it up like the water would and see if the pump runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here's what I took from the Rule site. I guess there isn't a float. Learn something new every day.

Total Chaos

Rule Pumps 12 Volt DC Automatic Bilge Pumps 500 GPH - 2000 GPH feature computerized operation on the principle of impeller resistance. Float switches are not required. The pump will turn on every 2-1/2 minutes to sense for water. If water is present, the pump will sense resistance
and continue to run until all the water is removed. Thereafter, it will check for water every 2-1/2 minutes.Power use in the checking mode is minimal.