Dipsey set ups

Adk1

Adk - until this season I would have said go with wire over braid for sure but now after seeing 100ft of downrigger cable with total fleas coverage on 200 lb test wire (Keuka Lake) I have changed my view....when the fleas are real thick they accrue on wire very bad too. I do think they may be a bit easier to get off wire though but it is a mess anyway when they are thick. It is more flexible as far as running stuff off boards etc. using braid. I have separate  rigs set up for both. I think one thing that seems to escape the fleas in large part (other then connections or braid backer) is copper wire itself.

Edited by Sk8man

I've been impressed with the power pro super slick, I think the coating on the line has something to do with it's ability to shed fleas. Give it a try, and like les said, it's way more versatile than wire is.

But it doesn't catch fish like wire divers do. At least on my boat it doesn't. I run both when fleas allow and over quite a few years now, the wire takes about 3X the shots that the braid divers do. Doesn't matter where I run em or what I run on em.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

agreed but everyone needs to justify buying a few more rods

But it doesn't catch fish like wire divers do. At least on my boat it doesn't. I run both when fleas allow and over quite a few years now, the wire takes about 3X the shots that the braid divers do. Doesn't matter where I run em or what I run on em.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Over forty years of wire use here and my experience has been the same as Tim's above. While some of my buddies have gone to braid even on Seth Greens and downriggers I'm still very happy with wire on those too. The qualifier above was "flexibility" regarding ease of use on boards or outriggers etc.