Best brand of wire for dipsey diver rig

Any help here would be great. I found an old spool in my pile of fishing stuff but its a cheaper brand I don't like how it wraps on the Daiwa reels.

What is a solid brand you guys go to even if its pricey this stuff is terrible I have.

Thanks Chris

Dan - I'd carefully examine the tip of the rod that has the chaffing.....not sure of the type of tip you are using but I've used each of the brands I've recommended above for years without a problem with roller tips but occasionally even rollers need to be checked tto make sure the wire isn't riding over the edges of the roller (some rollers develop "play" over time). I've also used Mason 60 lb wire on a couple Seth Greens for over 30 years without even having to change the wire or main connection (just the mono rig lines). I believe you may have either a defective roll of wire (unlikely) or if you are using a crimp sleeve and the fraying is near there the sleeve needs to be crimped so that each end  of the crimp is compressed so that there is no "play" or bending back and forth on the edge of it on the wire or possibly the wrong size crimp was used (i.e. too large).

Edited by Sk8man

With respect to fraying: check the ceramic inserts on your guides using a magnifying glass. You may have a crack. This happens with mono all the time and guys don't realize it because the crack is hairline and can't be seen by eye. I don't know whether the same may be true for wire, but it's worth a look. The only fraying I've ever found in ten years using Malin is self-inflicted.

I do use sleeve crimps on my wire and are the smallest that I can get away with as far as feeding the wire thru. Im careful not to over crimp the sleeves so as not to put cuts in the wire.. Rods are brand new 10' Ugly sticks with twili tips.  Fraying i noticed occured about 3' above the crimp.  But will have to check the eyes and tips more carefully as you gents suggest.  Will get back to you about my findings.

I use AFW and the one thing I like about it compared to the other brands is it will saw through the fleas easier. It's a little more coarse in texture. So don't let a big king run across it on a rigger rod.

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE

Use roller rods and you will have no issues with cracked guides! I use Malin wire. I used torpedo wire and mason in the past and came back to Malin. The mason was too stiff (linked easier) and the torpedo wire was untwisting.

Torpedo 19 strand wire ,can tie knots like in mono & is kink resistant, I just put it on my rods.

x2!!! The stuff is awesome I just built up 2 new dipseys with it. Wayyyy better then the Malin stuff on my other 2 dipsey setups.

X3 on the Torpedo 19 strand!!!  I have had it on one rod w/twilly for 3 years now, just cut a few feet and re-tie each year (not that it needed it).  Rigged a 2nd one this year.   Used both the bright and smoke color, do not notice any difference in catch rate.