Portable Fish Finder?

Anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive portable fish finder? I need something that can alternate between kayak and row boat. Have heard about the Garmin echo 101. Anyone in a similar situation what do u got??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I used a Hummingbird fishin buddy model 110 for years on my canoe, kayak, and small v bottom for years and loved it. Very durable and reliable. Just have extra batteries!

I have one of the fishing buddies, don't remember the model, but one thing to think about with those is the thick plastic shaft that goes into the water... they don't like to be trolled with, lots of pressure.  I use it occasionally on my jon boat drifting around and it's fine, but the times I've tried to troll it didn't work out.  Maybe the mount wasn't strong enough, maybe they've improved it since (mine is a good 10-12 years old) but that is its biggest flaw.

bought a second for our kayaks, Humminbird pirahnamax 176i portable from cabelas' on sale $139. Has chartplotter which help getting back in spots when drifting. Also have a 570 portable. Suction cup it to front of kayak works great.

I use a Lowrance Mark 5x pro (can get one for around $140) to switch between my kayak and row boat. I power it with a small 12v / 7amp hr battery, can go for weeks without needing to recharge. can get one for $30 at tractor supply:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/mighty-mulereg%3B-replacement-battery-fm150?cm_vc=-10005

I built a mount on the back of the kayak using the included transducer mounting bracket. For the row boat I mounted a piece of PVC pipe to the stern which can be raised and lowered into the water. I have another mount made from a Tee fitting that allows me to attach the transducer to the boat. Its not too bad switching the FF between boats, only takes a couple of minutes. it is real simple to cob job one of these up. I will try to post pics. Been abusing this setup for 3 or 4 years now and still works great! Had piranha max 170 before this, could not see my jigs in deep water, the Lowrance was a huge improvement. 

I have an Eagle Fishmark 320 i was gonna throw up on the classifieds. Suction cup transducer and takes either 8 D batteries or the small 12 volt alarm type batteries. Pm me if interestedpost-146001-14080527162289_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United