8/9 8/10 I Bay Late Report

Kind of a late report but may be worth something to someone.

We fished Saturday morning in the 150 to 250 range off I-Bay and did not move a rod. Tried some different stuff throughout the morning, a lot of green/black and green/orange spoons but nothing turned the trick. Came in to 120-140 at the end of the morning and did 6 lakers on cowbells and F/Fs in about an hour or two and headed in.

Sunday we started around 100 and fished a rigger 80-90 down, a rigger 50 down and two divers probably somewhere in between. Sea sick waddler, dirty white boy, and two UV NKs. I don't know the names of the NKs but one was a white with black mag and the other was a green and yellow 28 with a white back. We parked the rigger with the green and yellow NK at 49 deg all day and it was the workhorse. It started with a 4-5 lb brown, then a 13 lb king, then 2 skippy kings and a skippy steelie and finished with a mature king that we lost after it put on quite a show behind the boat. The white and black NK took a 10lb laker on the other rigger at the end around 110 down. All of the fish except the laker and brown came in 220 fow 88 feet down. I'm not sure if it was the spoon or the temp on the 88 feet down but that was the hot set up.

Edited by jlogger

What happened to NK? I just checked their website to try and find the names of those two spoons we were using and their selection is about 10% of what it used to be.

Jack from what I was told NK is no longer in business. They had a problem with plating and the new HD colors. I used them exclusively til last season when I heard about it. There is a guy at the Avon flea market that says he bought all there inventory and to me he has the box of spoons to prove it. It kind of sucks cause I used to go down there and hand pick my spoons and now I have to rely on a catalog to see the colors.

Jack from what I was told NK is no longer in business. They had a problem with plating and the new HD colors. I used them exclusively til last season when I heard about it. There is a guy at the Avon flea market that says he bought all there inventory and to me he has the box of spoons to prove it. It kind of sucks cause I used to go down there and hand pick my spoons and now I have to rely on a catalog to see the colors.

That kinda sucks, I always liked NKs. I was ordering them online directly from NK for the past couple of years but they were always out of stock on most stuff. I had a feeling things might not be going well for them. So this guy in Avon is there every week? There are a few Nk colors I would love to stock up on if they have become unavailable.