Moon phases

They make a hand held dial for the archery guys with when the critters are most likely to move, some times its after hunting hours, say 1 or 2 am. and then the same maybe in the afternoon hours, its not always first light or before dusk, I have found this true with the fishing high's and lows also. My brother-in-law brought this over one time and we marked the high's and lows and we caught fish in the high's and nothing in the lows. Maybe a coincident maybe not, but I found it to hold true more than not. I plan our fishing trips around the moon phases and so far so good, I'm not going to say we never got skunked using this theory,LOL. But to some extent it does work.

From what I've read, the moon rise/set are times that "influence" feeding times. I've also seen where moon under/over foot is supposedly good. One big thing that I have read is that a frontal system or barometric change will basically always trump a lunar event.

I have yet to see any proof of this working in my personal fishing but I do believe it is a valid theory. I believe joe bucher and other experienced/knowledgable anglers support the theory and have written about it. I saw on a different forum that a study was done using the Musky Inc. logs and it showed a significant increase in catches around lunar events.

I'm hoping one day I will see the benefits first hand, I always check the times before I fish and plan accordingly.

I believe this to a point. I always check the moon calendar before fishing. I have seen windows open around moon events but weather trumps all. I booked a place at cht. A few years ago during september full moon. The day i got there the lake turned over and the trip was a bust. I will take low pressure,overcast skies, and an approaching thunderstorm over moon phase anytime.

Some very good points here. I have had great success and improved productivity leveraging solar lunar data when hunting and fishing. I almost never go out without glancing at the data. Animal response to celestial events is a remarkable and in my experience ( I believe many others too) predictable phenomenon. I could go on and on about this topic but I am not an expert so I will wrap it up.

One point that I would submit for consideration is that lunar events represent only half of the "feeding windows". Solar events also effect feeding habits and should not be overlooked. There is some very good info at primetimes2.com.

Good Luck and Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United