Trip logs

Jolly,

We have been keeping written logs now for about 24 years. They helped us (told us by the percentages!) To switch back to using treble hooks over single hooks. We used treble hooks all threw the early 1980's. Then I was religous about singles (fished hooked on singles had the highest landing percentage) but years of our catch/charter logs showed a much higher hook-up to hits percentage on treble hooks. We broke down our landing/hook-up/hits percentages on rigger lines---top lines---cheater lines and diver lines. Any way to make alonger story shorter I would be happy to send you some our blank log sheets along with some copies of our log sheets filled out from charter or tourn. trips last year. Just give me your adress.

PS Just ask Billy V about hits to hook-ups to fish boated, In last years Pro-Am he went 28 for 28 if I remember right in 2 tourn. days on the REBEL.

Jerry

REBEL

I agree with Jerry... a log can be very good info, esp. if you're able to keep the old ones with you on the water and can refer to them on a tough day...

Everything should be in there from water temps, lure depths, water depth, speeds, lures, lat/lon and troll direction.. also record the weather conditions, winds and waves.

I don't do it anymore as I'm not on the water trolling as much as I'd like to be, but if you're out most weekends and some weekdays, it can be worth the time. It also helps you look for patterns a bit better during the day, replicate what you have been doing to draw bites and forces you to pay more attention to the finer details during the action.

Heah guys what's the chance of getting a copy of the log you use I just right thing down as it happens but maybe a log would be better Can any one help me out with a copy or a web site I could go to?Thanks

I'd like to see one too.

Jerry's right...28 for 28 was CRAZY good. I think we went 18 for 18 on day 1.

grin.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

Jerry's a hook FANATIC, and if he says he hooks and lands more fish with trebles, then it must be so. Dude, I can't wait to get back out on the REBEL again!!!!

Hey guy's,

1--- Hans you pretty much described our log sheets info to a TEEE.(you STILL scare me)

2---Chris (JollyII) I recieved your message and will send out copies of our logs. PS I know your Dad from way back 1980's. If I remember Bill Joliff was a DEC biologist for many years that had some really, really neat takes on the salmon in lake ontario. That is another post sometime I hope. He was from webster or so? and knew the dimartinos of the Tamiron stingers/honey bees? I also use the jolly releases for many & all types of trolling senarios during tourns./charters

Example:

SIDENOTE*** Running J-13 split back rapalas in 4'--6' of water in early spring is brutal on BIG BROWNS and even deadlier on ALL SIZE "charter fishing catch/release browns. SORRY thats still another post on weird but effective slow day charter moves.

3---Erbyjoe/Musky bob/waterlogged--- I am going to get some blanks to Billy V or blue eye (site computer guy) who actualy can post them up here as a picture. I am not good at all with computer stuff like that.

4---AND BILLY V Man I think about that Pro-Am finish all the time. In hindsight we probably should of celebrated 2nd place cup finish, BUT to let it slip on a FINAL DAY really sent me packing.I still owe you and Jay a great big thanks for your hands on experience. Even spotter Big Dave was wishing us on in his own BIG way. I am trying to set up the Tourn. teams now, I will let you know soon.

5-- Man I love to type for 45 minutes on here when left alone.

Jerry

REBEL

Here is what I use. I have about 20 yrs. of these. They get a little beat up (washed) due to weather/firedrill conditions. I keep each years sheets in a binder and have this & last years binders on board at all times for reference.

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/serveFile.aspx?fi=665780

Dick