Despite my better judgment and in a last ditch effort to get a few newbies out...we left the dock at 6am and headed down past Russell to setup in 100' and troll with it... lake was warm to the bottom... my probe gets sporadic readings past 140' down but it was clearly upper 50's 140-150 down all the way out to 300fow... around 200' deep temp dropped from 61 to 57 @140' and screen became somewhat active with marks 110-180' down. 140' rigger took two shots and 120' rigger took a shot then 220' mag diver did... ended up only boating a skippie out of the action and at 8:45 one newbie had enough and lost his breakfast so we called it a day.

There is life out there if this wind ever quits blowing...good luck to everyone in the derby.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well you stuck it out longer than I did.  I started in about 75ft trolled out to 130ft....63.5 degrees clear to the bottom (thought the probe was broken for a while).   It was clear I was going to have to go deep to find temperature.   As the wind/waves were not going to get any better out deeper, and I was solo, I decided against going deeper and trolled back in...saw a couple decent size marks, but no takers.   Second skunk of the year!