I plan on trying it tomorrow, everything I see shows it starting to calm tonight after midnight. The hourly forecast shows 8 mph NNW by 6:00 AM. We will see how accurate they are. I am hoping its calm because I want to run off shore, I bet there is a lot of warm water inside.

I fished saturday, in 5 footers.  I was about 8 miles out, in 450-480ft of water.  Trolled from the harbor east past the stacks.  I did hook up with good sized steelies and a few kings.  Water temp was all over the place.  Surface temps ranging from 65 - 71.  Down deep the temp was all over as well.  In some spots it was down to 45 degrees at 90ft, in other places it was 60 degrees at 90ft.  It was a mess.   No solid thermocline.  Just a real gradual change the whole way down.  

Edited by jigstick

We had around 30 bites today boated 17. 6 or 7 salmon couple 2 year old 1 mature and a few real nice fat coho. Lots of nice steel. Checked a 12 and 11 for loc had a couple over 10 as well. Riggers at 77 and 104 green dot spin doc with ultra green glow on the 104 was a stud nbk on the other rigger mupped was solid. Divers took a bunch of shots 210-240 on 1 setting and 210-260 on a 3. Die hard on the wires took over later I'm the day. Coppers were pretty dead today only a few shots. Lake laid down to almost nothing. Great day on the water.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Got back out this am for a short trip before heading back home fished 7-11 got our 12 and missed some dropped a few others, 1 fat coho at 10 lbs, 2 two year olds and some nice steel to 10+ didn't get a mature today

Nkb was good again on wire and rigger, white glow spin doc with hammer, black/mt dew spin doc with 42nd, chrome green dot with billy v green ghost, crazy b combo on 115 rigger, nuc green chrome with billy v green ghost, 6 inch mt dew with purple mirage on 300. Nothing was clicking on the flasher fly bite, get a fish and the combo would die nothing went twice if I recall right, our hot rod yesterday went from stud to dud seems like chrome flashers were slightly better today. All 4 wires both riggers and two different coppers all caught, just a good pick. Wish more matures were around but good fishing so can't complain too much. Survey chick said not to many matures being caught and she's Beens all over. The Duckweed was horrible at the launch, coated my boat and trailer something severe.

Until next time....