I-Bay 8/16 Thompson Gunner

Hit the water at 6:30 and set up around 75 fow. Lots of warm water. We marked fish from 80 fow out to 120 fow and then the screen was blank. We fished it out for a while to no avail and decided to pull em when it felt like the weather was picking up. Skunk, not even a single mud chicken or skippy to save us this time. We put down some stick baits in the bay and did some walleye trolling instead. Picked up a 17" and 22" walleye and called it a day. Don't know if the weather is gonna cooperate for tomorrow or not but I am hoping.

post-149548-0-77760100-1408227966_thumb.jpg

Hit the water at 6:30 and set up around 75 fow. Lots of warm water. We marked fish from 80 fow out to 120 fow and then the screen was blank. We fished it out for a while to no avail and decided to pull em when it felt like the weather was picking up. Skunk, not even a single mud chicken or skippy to save us this time. We put down some stick baits in the bay and did some walleye trolling instead. Picked up a 17" and 22" walleye and called it a day. Don't know if the weather is gonna cooperate for tomorrow or not but I am hoping.

attachicon.gifWalleye 8-16.jpg

We went as far out as 140+ fow, sampling temps from top to bottom.  64 degrees.  Went back to 80 fow and tried for browns for a little while and gave up.  Noticed a lot of boats moving in early as well.  I wouldn't expect tomorrow to improve.

attachicon.gifWalleye 8-16.jpg

Nice going on the eyes to save a total skunk!!!

nice Walleyes, any tips on how to target them?

We usually just troll stick baits nice and slow. The only days we can do it is bad weather days because no other boats are churning up the bay. We pull the sticks on the riggers because it allows us to run em in a wide range of depths and you can basically follow the contours of the bay. Less than 30 fow, 15 or so being the best. Points and flats. You have to watch the rod tips real close or you will miss em. They definitely don't hit like a king and seldom release from the rigger no matter how shallow we set the line in the release.