Seneca Seneca 8/18/2014 , HUGE pressure on me today had the BOSS (better half )on board !

Put lines in at 8:56 am ……………… worked 70’ to 90’ most of the time but did pick up two smasher on the turns a jumper that came off quick ( BIG fish ) and a hard puller that got in the wire rod and cut off… out over 200 to 250' ………….  Went 4 for 12  had three reeeeeeellllllll lite bites   in that mix……. One laker on wire that I lost 160’ out UV BTI sliver fly….. riggers were the best bite today probe down 52’  running 2.4 to 2.6  64* to 66* at the ball ……….. other rigger was 59’ …………weeds were not too bad but fleas were a pain on the wire rod….. rigger rods still have flea-flicker line on…. got them all back in the water to fight another day !!!!! Used the live - well in the new boat worked great !!!!! What we did stick and landed were dandy's !!!!! FLT spoons , glow froggy frog ( I think theres a bull in there some where ) the other hot spoon was a glow evil gobby glow that I Dr. up the glow cup with scale tape cutting back on how bright the glow is and adds some flash in the sun.............

Boss is up...

7# Laker…

002_zpsf45f6b7f.jpg

I'm up.....

8.5# Laker…

004_zps48167008.jpg

Boss is up.....

18†male brown….

009_zps890863ea.jpg

I'm up....

9.75 # female brown…

011_zps534a462f.jpg

Fleas and weeds on the probe rigger.....

010_zps8a5814bc.jpg

Well got some NICE fish but better half is not happy with who got what !!!!

:bandit:

WTG Ed! I think from the glasses tied around your neck you may have experienced what has happened more than once to me...glasses in the shirt pocket lean over the side to rig something....bye bye glasses hello squinting to tie my leaders after :lol: I'll bet Mama is loving that new ride :)

Edited by Sk8man

Justin , I'm sure she will be thinking about them.....that's her PB laker so that made her happy....

Good luck with the Sea Fee Bucky ..... the fish-hook fleas are a P.I.T.A. big time the other ones are no problem with just 30# test not these nasty buggers....... if your wire rod gets jammed up with flea so you can'r reel ....give the line a pull down by the reel that has worked for me a few times now helps cut thru them with the extra pressure....

We had a great evening up on the north end Monday nite too. Some of my biggest. My sister had one that was easily into the low teens. :) 5 fish between 7-13lbers. Just an estimate on the weights,I hurry too much to get them back in the water.

post-152733-14085845673257_thumb.jpg

post-152733-14085845884588_thumb.jpg

post-152733-14085846110303_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The first one we put back took quite awhile to get it ready to go so after that I put them in the live-well till they were feisty and swimming up right ....... before I got the bogo grip I didn't like bring them in the boat at all for just a picture but like you said hurry up and get them back in as fast as you can but I don't mind eating either so I've gone to the bogo+picture+livewell = back in the lake or cut the gills then put them on ice.......  this boat has a 42 gal live -well so when they are in good shape I have to catch them again... :lol:

Edited by ERABBIT

It was a funny nite. I had three that hit it on the drop mid way down, at that point I lift ,unspool and lowered with the thumb on the spool to guide it down. I made three drifts through the zone, all between 7-8pm. Then they shut off

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice Job Ed...

So nice to finally meet your Better Half ..!

Please say Hello from me !

You think me n her could have a girls day out on that nice n shiny new b...

Aw forget I said that...

Aint happenin !!

Pouring n thunder down here near PA...now.

• 5 months later...

Ok , been sitting on this anyway here is the next day.......

Back at it this morning with the better half… (8/19/2014)……….. lines in the water at 8:41 am running same spoons as yesterday and depths…….1st fish hooked up and landed at 9:15 am double up but the 1st fish a laker was ready for the net so other fish was gone…by the time we got to….better half was happy with the nice chunky laker about 20†or so we put him back…. She said the one that got off was my turn…..I said no problem honey ……. Next one on at 9:20 am boated a 17†salmon on the same spoon as the laker 58’ down FLT  BFFG … she was happy with that one jumping out of the water a few time  so everything is going good so far…... then 10:34 am hook up one the 52’ probe rigger she tell me to take it , I do and it’s a heavy fish….. I tell her that it’s a good one take the rod…… nope she said your turn……  long battle fish runs the boat then pulls a lot of line back out and runs alongside of the boat with the other rigger in the water….reach over and pull that rod out and put it in another rod holder making room to net fish… … she nets for me but to heavy for her to bring in so we get it together ………… land a 12#13oz male brown….. on the evil glow goby with scale tape on cup….. at 11:00 am boat on trailer and heading back to camp to get info to mount fish….ended up taking it to “ Hancock’s Custom Taxidermy “……… now I’m in bigger trouble than I was yesterday…… I just can’t win………………

He just called a while ago and it's done will pick it up when camp opens in April...... 

Edited by ERABBIT