ice is out at hemlock

Nice fish there sharkbait,

I believe there is a gas motor horsepower limit

on Canadice and Hemlock. Do you just run the kicker?

Have you ever seen DEC there looking around?

Just wondering cuz I may have to drag my little boat over there

but I have a 25 HP and a 6 HP kicker, do you think it would be ok??

You'd need to take that 90 off to be legal on the lake. No motors over 10 hp. Having the big motor on the water is a big no-no even if you claim not to be using it.

This is the last jewel of the area, for the love of nature please respect the regulations!

Thanks for the insight hermit, I guess I'll send the wife over there with her kayak since it should be a nice paddle for her amidst the tree lined shores vs. the McMansioned shores of Canandaigua.

A few years ago we had a 16'6" sea nymph with a 25 hp and a 6hp kicker. We called them and we were told that length is not a big issue but the prop on the 25hp should be removed that way there would be no problems. We have seen DEC and the city of rochester guys on the south launch together. The dec was checking licences and the roch. guys were checking boats.

No doubt, You can not have big motors on the boat even if you claim you are not using or you will get ticketed. Been going there 30 years and thats the rule. They do check on a regular basis as well.

Gotta agree with Turp. Been going there for 15 years. Never been checked. There is no rule anywhere about having a motor hanging on your boat that you are not using, or cannot be used because of prop being removed.

I love it there too, and will protect it any way I can. But until there is a rule in writing, that's the way it is. Don't make things up.

I've heard the same thing that Turp is doing is fine. No prop and you are good.

Anyways, Anybody have any reports? I picked up a permit from the kiosk at the north end yesterday and there were a full page of people signed in. No ones talkin. :?

BTW, just a handful of dink rainbows out of Springwater yesterday. Didn't hook any lake-run fish.

On the west side down by the bluff try about 40 to 60 FOW for lakers. In the early spring we have always done very well down there. Scorpion stingers are also doing well on the south end for brownies. We try to get the planer as close to the dropoff as we can. Good luck!!!!