What's Cooking Out of Henderson?

I fished Tuesday, there are some Kings, still been tough but getting better. You may have timed it perfect, it can turn on with the flick of the switch.

Also, walleyes are in the usual fall spots, hammering them, smaller size, average fish is 5 to 7lbs, occasionally get a hog.

Stick, the usual deep sticks, ie, Reef Runners, Thunder sticks.

If the lake temp settles and a thermocline sets back up the King fishing will be good, from what I hear it's getting better by the day. I'm going Sunday after Kings, I can't wait!!

Yeah the extended forecast looks like some solid weather. Two years ago when we stayed in Sodus it was the same story, hit and miss reports and then things set up the same time we were vacationing. Ended up catching salmon every time i went out. Only trouble is that I had to steer the boat, fight the fish, and net the fish. Luckily my daughter is big enough to help out now.

Starcraftloaded: Were you getting walleye on the lake side or bay side?

Three weeks ago I had four Kings by 9:00am and the next weekend worked my tail off to get one, but I think it will turn on anyday.

I have a friend that goes with me every time, and usually it's just the two of us, we hit a King double more times than I can count, I have five on video, but needed to stop filming, lol. I love fire drills, we are waiting to get the triple, and land all three, can't wait!!!

Monday we went southwest of the finger and started in 170' of water after seeing 65 degrees from top to bottom in closer to the finger. Had 48 degrees down 110', worked out to 220'. Caught 7 pound steelhead in 190' down 110' on spoon. Stayed in and worked 170' of water most of day, caught 5 lakers, 2 steelies, and 2 tiny kings. Had one break off on dipsy that was definitely a decent king. Was a decent day but we all want those kings, however two 14 pound lakers and a 17 pounder left us somewhat content. Be back out Saturday, hopefully good numbers of mature kings. Gotta happen soon, and I'm sure it will, like the flip of a switch. Anyone getting a good bite the last few days?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Was out with wife and kids from the trench out to the wall area marked fish and bait around the wall area. Ran flasher and fly's on rigger and dipsy and a spoon on other rigger. Didn't have one knock off! How deep are guys running riggers and dipseys? First time fishing this area, be up again this Thursday thru weekend. Anyone staying at the k.o.a?

The wall or mountain is the same.

I use Dispys on a #2 setting so they go out from the boat, I sometimes run two per side, one on a #2 and the outside in a #3, but only on calm days with little current and a mostly straight troll in open water.

You just have to be careful through boat traffic, I stay away from the congestion,

I had my wire dips out210 to 300 with ff fly green on green no bites? Looks like I'm in the right area doing the similar stuff. Are kings schooling in the trench area for the black river run or heading towards Mexico bay area,? Thanks for any info! I'll be on 68 if I get out with kids.good luck this weekend