Out of the pond - Pictures added.

Dropped off my boat for a month in Sandy pond sat. Decided not to venture out Saturday which turned out to be a very wise choice. Winds were howling sat. Night. From the weather predictions we were just hoping to get out Sunday afternoon. Well buddy and I woke up at 3am to no wind at all. Decided to head out in the morning instead. At about 8:30 in 220fow we found a nice active school of salmon. There was only one other boat in site. We honestly could not keep up with just the two of us. We ended up getting 3 matures all in 20-22lbs range And 2 2 year olds. It only lasted maybe 2 hours and it was over (5 for 7). we were both thinking wow this is going to be a easy. Not soo much. Spent the rest of the afternoon looking for those active 20lbers. monday morning we went back to the same spot (pretty bumpy but fishable). Only got one 2 year old about 10lbs and a skippy. Got to the point I had to move a rod so I got my buddy his personal best laker. Than another and than got bored with the wet boots and went back to our target. Woke up today to 44 degrees. Fishing no different than monday except being much calmer. We had a couple releases and only one skippy. Temps were pretty much at 150 down all three days. We tried areas from 250 to 150. We were marking tons of smaller marks at all depths this morning. We think 1 year olds since we did have a shaker today but who knows. from all the talk on the radio i am starting to get concerned about this year's class. Only heard of one or two fish over 25lbs and that's from radio talk. Good news is it does seem like there are more 2 year olds and skippers that i ever remember catching in that area this time of the year. I'll post pics in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by f1sh-0n

Thanks for the info my friend. Will keep lookin at your posts. Are you out of sandy pond to lake  O ? Im out of salmon r. Im " Filthy Oar " What VHF channel do yell on ? Hope to yell back atch"ya. ( Fish On! )

Im usually on scan but it seems like 68 is the channel that I tend to stay on.  Yes I am out of Sandy Pond out to Lake O.  I am usually fishing with boats from Pulaski or Oswego if deeper.  But I usually stay near South or North dunes if I can help it.  Im back at work today  :puke: but hoping to be back up for this weekend.  

Edited by f1sh-0n

There's Brown Trout action in shallower but not after a blow like we had.  You need a thermocline inside of 100 fow to be able to target them this time of the year.  Last week before the blow I heard 80-90FOW down 50-70 was the ticket.  But because of this wind there is nothing but warm water all down 140FOW.