Signalman and I left the launch about 6AM and fished until 1 PM. We started out in 200 ft straight out from the channel and headed due north. We dropped 3 downriggers 2 wires with diapeys/flies and a 350 copper. Spoons on everything but the dipsys. Temp was 43-45 degrees about 100- 115 down. After about an hour and a half we had downrigger release at 115 over 383 ft and out went the drag and we knew who was there stripped out some line and then the usual stuff and Mike landed a 12-15 lb king. Trolled north and a bit west Marking very few fish and no bait pods....couple hours later in about 540 ft  the 100 ft.downrigger fires and quickly the steelie on the other end with an orange spoon on slider in his mouth surfaces and does several jumps showing off and it turns out to be a decent steelie.  About a couple more hours went by with 2 hits on the copper but they were off before we could even move toward the rod. Then the flasher/fly (white flasher with silver fly) dipsy wire rig starts screaming line and I thought it was a king for sure....more line stripped several times and when finally got it to the net another steelie. LIne was out 300 ft over 587ft. We trolled around and then back toward "base" didn't mark much except in a small area where we got the steelies.  We never marked much bait at all and very few fish and the ones marked were at about 540 ft suspended about 90-100 ft. The fleas were pretty bad on the wire and braid and the annoying biting little pkrhead flies were out in force in the sun out there.  As usual it was fun BS'ing about various things with Mike as we have known each other since mid teens....fun day on the pond. Thanks Mike. Oh...and did I mention we went for ice cream afterward...eat your heart out Admiral Byrd (working) :lol:

post-145411-0-01586800-1408569613_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-74851200-1408569621_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-46747800-1408569628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

:lol:  (Mark)  The lake was just right today Jason....slight chop and slight breeze and although sunny in the AM it turned to haze so we couldn't complain about the weather just the flies :)

cold water has returned.Found good temp in close 85 down over 120.Tomorrow Ill spend more time out deeper for kings. ,today I fished bass and browns on trolling leadcore jointed rapalas perch and blue were hot.Thirty feet of water off port.water was 62.

there were quite of few of fleas in close.Clogged alot of my bass rods while trolling.

Edited by john1947

Thanks MIke .....maybe we'll have to try it again next time we're out there together....great flavor assortment and ice cream.

WTG SK8man.Gotta love ice cream and beer after a day on the water. I bring a 5 cu. ft freezer on my fish/camp trip just for ice cream! :lol:  Did you run flea flicker or Sea flea on your riggers? and how di  it fair? I spooled 3 rigger rods with sea fee and it sounds like I did the right thing. We will see this weekend!

Thx Bucky. I think you will be very happy you spooled the Sea Flee. We were running Flea Flicker on the riggers on Mikes boat. I run Sea Flee on mine and they both work great to keep the fleas at bay. The wires and braids are a very different matter they were both pretty loaded up yesterday as was the braid backing for the copper setup but not any on the copper wire itself. The wire seems to clear much easier than the braid in my opinion.  The 30 lb Big Game works much better than smaller diameters but when the fleas are real bad it still acrues them somewhat  as it does even with 200 lb downrigger wire (at least with the flea types in the Fingers). We didn't have any significant fleas on the downrigger wires yesterday on Lake O.

WTG John. In my view anything that works for those little @#$%&^'s is cool :lol:  After reflecting on yesterday's fishing I think there may be some kings in shallower than we were fishing and right near bottom where half way decent temps intersect with bottom and I wouldn't be real surprised if there were browns in there right along with them either. I know in the past sometimes they (kings) would stage (looked like cord wood piled up off bottom) right out in front of Maxwell for quite some time before the stream runs on the lake.

Edited by Sk8man

I sure wish I didn't listen to the weather report last night and had gone fishing this AM as I had intended  to do....oh well tomorrow is another day.