RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 2014 Aug 22 - Sep 1

Do u run spoons alone and off riggers and how far behind riggers. I have that same gear.

We run a mix. One rigger with spoons and the other with a dodger fly. Flies 10' back and spoons 20' back

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by mrs ruff rider

Good reports filled with good info and humor.  But just curious, how/why do you loose so many fish? This is not a "loaded" question or a "jab".....it just seems that your "hit" to "landed" ratio is not good?

From my experience, once you get a beak hook, squid hook (on the flies) or a treble hook in past the jaw bone......its hard to loose them?

I was just curious for info?  Are you loosing the fish or breaking them off?

Great reports, keep them coming!

Good reports filled with good info and humor. But just curious, how/why do you loose so many fish? This is not a "loaded" question or a "jab".....it just seems that your "hit" to "landed" ratio is not good?

From my experience, once you get a beak hook, squid hook (on the flies) or a treble hook in past the jaw bone......its hard to loose them?

I was just curious for info? Are you loosing the fish or breaking them off?

Great reports, keep them coming!

Not really sure. We do run much lighter gear than most people, lighter rods, lighter drags, etc.

Most of our lost fish have been quick hits on dipseys and quick pops on riggers that pull down, release, and then gone.

Listen folks... now is the time. If you have vacation time, take it. Call in sick if you need to. Fishing is on FIRE and the weather forecast looks great!

GET OUT HERE!

(disclaimer: fishing could suck again tomorrow)