RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 2014 Aug 22 - Sep 1

Sorry folks, had a 450 dipsey rip while dad was fighting his, then a heck of a time getting his fish in as the waves blew up.

Picked lines quick and powered in for a nasty ride in with following seas.

IMAG1772.jpg

250 was best screen for us.The fish were there but not as many as monday night.Lots of current and waves didnt help.We ended up 2 for 5.One salmon and a rainbow both on copper.Honeydue flasher and meat.

Who makes that pohonche fire tiger fly?? I'm trying to get a cpl and can't find them..

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Mr Pohonche of course :)

Andy from Hairy Bee at Arneys makes some flies. ITO makes one also and they had them at Warrens last I checked.

250 was best screen for us.The fish were there but not as many as monday night.Lots of current and waves didnt help.We ended up 2 for 5.One salmon and a rainbow both on copper.Honeydue flasher and meat.

Dad wouldnt let me put out copper today, cant blame him!

I don't fish sodus, fish olcott and erie out of dunkirk from may to October and really enjoy the post also. It helps me get distracted from work which is good. Good luck I hope you get the big one. Red eye with green and orange with the silver lighting bolt through it. Or an alpena diamond with white back and pink front with black diamonds.

Nick, Fingerlakes wine trail would be a good visit as well, I hear Keuka is good, Seneca has many different varieties etc. If you do decide to head south, I could give you a wine trail map for a Pocahontas fly........lol

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

We did the Seneca Wine Trail (west side) two weeks ago with friends visiting from Delaware and it was great....they absolutely loved it. We've done the Keuka lake one several times and Cayuga once. Inexpensive wine tastings, great wine and  I ended up with a case of our favorites from the different wineries before going to dinner at the NYS Wine and Culinary Center  Upstairs Bistro in Canandaigua (incredible cuisine and wonderful atmosphere overlooking the pier and lake))... at the end of it and we only covered about a half dozen wineries from 12 N till 5 PM.

Edited by Sk8man

Made good use of the blow off day and headed to Niagara-on-the-lake in Canada.

IMAG1816.jpg

First stops were at a few wineries to sample ice wine!

IMAG1793.jpg

IMAG1794.jpg

IMAG1796.jpg

IMAG1797.jpg

IMAG1799.jpg

IMAG1800.jpg

Afterwards, we walked the strip and checked out a few of the stores and some of their amazing gardens...

IMAG1803.jpg

IMAG1804.jpg

IMAG1808.jpg

IMAG1809.jpg

IMAG1811.jpg

IMAG1813.jpg

IMAG1817.jpg

IMAG1818.jpg

IMAG1830.jpg

We had lunch at our favorite Canadian restaurant, Corks. They have a great fish and chips!

IMAG1820.jpg

IMAG1823.jpg

And finished up with some amazing gelato.

IMAG1827.jpg

Now we are sitting on the bridge trying to get back into the US. Been an hour so far!

Tonight we need to find some place to watch Eagles vs Jets, my favorite two teams!

Tomorrow back to fishing... I hope.

We did the Seneca Wine Trail (west side) two weeks ago with friends visiting from Delaware and it was great....they absolutely loved it. We've done the Keuka lake one several times and Cayuga once. Inexpensive wine tastings, great wine and I ended up with a case of our favorites from the different wineries before going to dinner at the NYS Wine and Culinary Center Upstairs Bistro in Canandaigua (incredible cuisine and wonderful atmosphere overlooking the pier and lake))... at the end of it and we only covered about a half dozen wineries from 12 N till 5 PM.

Yeah, we have yet to do the NY wine trail...maybe on the next blow off day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hope you don't have any more of those but I'm sure you'd enjoy the wine country  if you do. There must be well over100 wineries to choose from....

Let's hope tomorrow brings some good king fishing....we're going to give them a shot tomorrow AM at either Sodus or Hughes.Good luck folks!